Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: HIV Testing Services Counselor (x86 positions)
Reports To: Service Delivery Specialist
Location: Districts listed
The HIV Testing Services (HTS) Counselor will provide quality HIV counselling and testing services, barrier counselling, and linkage to care and treatment. They will generate demand for HIV services and enhance diagnosis of people living with HIV. This role will be based at a designated health facility.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide pre and post-test counselling to all clients eligible for HIV testing
- Undertake screening and HIV testing for referred clients
- Facilitate follow up of sexual partners and family members identified for HTS
- Compile reports as required by the supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality on matters relating to clients
- Meet the agreed targets for HIV testing and linkage
- Keep an inventory of all equipment provided and promptly report any damages or losses to the supervisor
- Participate in relevant community engagement activities and meetings as directed by the health facility
- Diploma or Certificate in any health-related course
- speaks both Setswana and English well
- Basic knowledge of HIV management and basic counselling skills
- Certificate in HIV Testing and Counselling
- Minimum of 1 year of working experience in providing HIV testing and counselling services
- proficiency in basic computer use
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.