Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a strong passionate Housekeeping Manager for an internationally known 5* Lodge situated in Northern Botswana.The main purpose of the Housekeeping Manager is to:
- Manage the members of the housekeeping department to ensure the cleanliness, aesthetic appeal and maintenance of the guest suites and public areas
- Take responsibility for all linen/cleaning schedules
- Provide the training required for the housekeeping standards to be attained and maintained
- Effectively control procurement and stock within the department
- Manage housekeeping budgets
- Supervision of lodge cleaning and preparation to achieve and maintain the expected standards.
- Monitoring of housekeeping equipment and lodge furnishing in order to facilitate upkeep.
- Training and Development of Staff
- Communicate with housekeeping staff continuously to ensure smooth running of the department and ongoing motivation of staff.
- Control and monitor the housekeeping budgets.
- Complete monthly stock takes to ensure that shrinkage is kept to a minimum and stock control is maximized.
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
- Knowledge of world-class housekeeping standards and procedures
- Strong administration ability – particularly in terms of procurement and stock control
- Computer skills – E-mail, MS Word and Excel in particular
- The ability to manage, motivate and train staff
- Attention to detail and consistent follow up
This position will offer a competitive salary with accommodation, meals and uniform. You will work a 3 months on 1 month off work cycle. To apply please forward your CV and references through today… Good Luck!