Job advertisement: Library Assistant
REF: LA/001/SLF/2018 Date: 27th August 2018
Job type: Contract, renewable upon availability of donor funds and satisfactory performance.
Botswana Retired Nurses Society (BORNUS) is a non- profit-making organization which provides HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support to People Living with HIV and Orphans and Vulnerable in the community. The Organization is currently running a library donated by Blue Lupin from Canada through Stephen Lewis Foundation.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Library Assistant.
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76716431. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Main purpose of the job: Responsible for the running of the children’s Library.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
1. Provide guidance and supervision on children’s section.
2. Issue books to and receive them from users.
3. Send reminders to users for return of borrowed books.
4. Work together with the Librarian in shelving of library books and shelve reading.
5. Perform orientation talks to children who visit the library.
6. Collect newspapers and magazines from the suppliers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays when necessary.
7. Keep a record of magazines and newspapers.
8. Process books e.g. labelling and covering books e.t.c.
9. Repair library worn-out books.
10. Deliver library correspondence/s when necessary.
11. Maintain a record of books box service.
12. Deliver and collect book box to and from schools.
13. Act on behalf of the Librarian during her absence.
14. Assist with any other duties at the exigency of the service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Certificate in Library Studies or equivalent.
• 2 to 3 years relevant work experience.
• Broad knowledge of library usage and service.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Be able to plan, prioritize and administer work.
• Computer literate
• Team player.
• Excellent customer service.
P42, 000.00 per annum
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must quote the vacancy Ref. No and provide typed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates, Omang and a minimum of two (2) related references.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Botswana Retired Nurses Society
P.O Box 301729
OR Hand delivered to Botswana Retired Nurses Society, Mafitlhakgosi ward, Tlokweng, Plot 5876, Next to The Dream Centre Day Care Centre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Hand written applications and all copies which are not certified will not be accepted.
Closing date: 4th September 2018, by 5pm.
Operating Hours: Mondays to Thursdays: 08:00 to 17:00
Fridays: 08:00 to 14:00
For further information, contact the above contact.