NON-BANK FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS REGULATORY AUTHORITY
The Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority Act 2006 established the Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA), to regulate and enforce compliance within the Non-Bank Financial Institutions sector in order to safeguard the stability, fairness and efficiency of the non-bank financial sector.
The Authority is in search of a qualified individual to fill the position below initially on a 2 year fixed term contract:
MANAGER – AML/CFT
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Head of AML/CFT you will develop and implement supervisory support strategies with regards to the Authority‘s AML/CFT obligations through the collection, analysis and dissemination of suspicious transactions and activity reports from financial institutions and listed businesses to combat money laundering and terrorism financing.
• Attends to queries from the Public and Stakeholders on the implementation of the NBFIRA Act, Financial Intelligence Act and any other AML/CFT Legislation
• Advises stakeholders on anti-money laundering compliance issues
• Interprets, local, regional and international anti-money laundering policies recommendations and develops strategies for monitoring compliance
• Develops business specific anti-money laundering compliance programme
• Assesses compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements
• Assesses adequacy of the NBFI’s anti-money laundering compliance programmes
• Creates public awareness by training stakeholders on the implementation of the NBFIRA Act, Financial Intelligence Act and any other AML/CFT Legislation
• Develops solutions to potential issues involving compliance and regulatory risk
• Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Law, Business Management or relevant field in financial regulation
• Membership to a professional internationally recognized institute will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a financial regulation environment; expert knowledge in AML matters
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications, CV, certified copies of their academic qualification, and contact details of three (3) referees for the attention of the Chief Executive Officer to:
Or by post to:
Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag 00314
Closing Date: 27th July 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.