We are looking for suitably qualified, highly motivated, talented, innovative, dynamic team players capable of working both collaboratively and independently and must have a high level of integrity and strong commitment to project implementation.
The positions are based at the Zone 5 mine site between Maun and Sehithwa. Therefore, you must have interest and ability to work in remote regions in a context of multicultural work environment.
While developing the first mechanised mine in Botswana, we offer a great and stimulating work environment, great culture, good benefits, a competitive salary and family friendly rosters. In order to be considered for the Mine Production Engineer role, you must be registered with ERB and have a valid driver’s licence.
Closing date: 07th August 2020
WE ARE STILL MAKING CVs FOR P100. COVER LETTERS FOR P50
Pay with FNB EWallet to 76981238 or Orange Money on number 76981238 or Mascom MyZaka on number com MyZaka 71431046
Whatsapp us on +26776981238?
MINE PRODUCTION ENGINEER
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The basic function of the role is: final stope designs, drill and blast designs, and all associated scheduling works down to the individual blast level of detail, ensuring grade and tonnage targets are met in line with budget and forecast, the prediction and tracking of explosive usage, and the continual refinement & optimization of drill and blast practices.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for:
- Adhering to the Company SHEC rules and procedures throughout the working day, and undertaking necessary remedial action in accordance with laid down company rules;
- Carrying out housekeeping in area of responsibility to ensure a safe and secure work environment; and
- Implementing action items arising from SHEC audits by taking corrective actions on identified deviations
- Performing underground inspections in collaboration with drill and charge crews;
- Experiencing with electronic initiation systems, design, and planning; not sure what this means
- The reconciliation of completed stope survey shapes against design, and providing this information to the contracts department for final payment;
- Actively seeking refinement of drill and blast practices;
- Ensuring compliance of explosive usage to budget and forecast
- Regulatory compliance with any items listed in the Mines, Quarries, Works and Machinery regulations, applicable in Botswana
Reporting and Records keeping
- Keeping detailed records of all drill and blast information
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- 5 years experience in an underground mine environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Deswik Software knowledge
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your CV and motivation to Vice President Human Resources and Communications at.
NB: Write ONLY the title of the position you are applying for on the subject line.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide educational documents such as certificates and other pertinent documents as needed. Failure to provide the required documentation will result the rejection of their application from further consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted