To maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. Should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The main goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Key Performance Objectives
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Professional certification (e.g. MCSE/MCSA)) is a plus but not a requirement
- Prior training as a System Administrator
- Knowledge of databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in many languages (perl, python, etc)
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical Competencies (List the key technical competencies)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Databases and database servers
- Knowledge of windows servers
- In some cases, basic knowledge of some scripting languages like Python, Pearl and PHP.
Knowledge of project management and documentation skills.
Planning future IT Solutions
Behavioral Competencies (List the key behavioral competencies)
- System Risk Management
- Future Oriented
- Team Work
- Attention to detail
- Result orientated
MultiChoice Botswana provides a multi-channel pay-tv and subscriber management services, it forms part of MultiChoice Africa, operating in 49 African countries including: Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique. The company promotes the creation, showcasing and building up of local African talent. As an African business the organization has brought both social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, in terms of access to information and job opportunities.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Closing date and application instructions
Human Resources Executive
Multichoice Botswana (Pty) Ltd
Private Bag 450, Gaborone
E-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date for the applications is the 26th May 2019.