- Announcement Number: Gaborone-2019-06
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Gaborone
- Position Title: Non-Expendable (NEPA) Supply Clerk
- Open Period: 07/09/2019 – 07/23/2019
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+2
- Series/Grade: LE – 0801 5
- Salary: BWP P104,168
- Work Schedule: Full-time – Full Time – 40 hours per week.
- Promotion Potential: LE-5
- Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Gaborone, BC
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time Full Time – 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Basic Function of the Position
Supervised by the Property Management Supervisor, the employee manages the non-expendable property computer database to ensure proper documentation of all property disposals and transfers. The employee works closely with other embassy sections, including procurement, receiving, shipping, and finance to ensure proper recording of assets. The employee executes the annual inventory process, including high value representational items. The employee uses highly developed customer service and communication skills in working with internal embassy clients and scheduling inventory and property moving services.
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE:Three years of work experience in property management, warehousing, or other logistics-related fields.JOB KNOWLEDGE:
Administrative procedures and inventory management, warehouse management as it pertains to safety, security, and efficiency.
- Completion of secondary school is required.Evaluations:
- LANGUAGE:Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of both Setswana and English is required.Skills and Abilities:
Uses department provided inventory management system and trains warehouse staff on systems where needed. Exceptional organizational skills. Familiarity with computer systems and ability to learn data entry software.
“This may be tested”
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Gaborone may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.Actual Foreign Service salary is to be determined by Washington D.C.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold Medical and Security clearances.To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.https://bw.usembassy.gov/
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Senior Secondary School certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission.