BE THE SHIELD OF THE NATION
INVITATION TO JOIN THE BOTSWANA DEFENCE FORCE
Botswana Defence Force is pleased to announce to the general public that limited vacancies exist for OFFICER CADETS Post.
- Botswana citizens both male and female (with no dual citizenship).
- Should be in possession of a valid National ID card (Omang).
- Aged between 18-26 years.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- No adverse criminal records.
- Minimum height of 165 cm for males and 160 cm for females.
- Minimum body weight of 55 Kg for males and 45 Kg for females. Female candidates must not be pregnant at recruitment.
Bachelor’s degree from any field in exception of the following:
Medical Officers, Dentists, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Bio-Medical Engineers, Specialist Nurses, Clinical Psychologists, Veterinary Officers, Lawyers, Chaplains (Ordained Ministers).
NB: Botswana Defence Force has established Mobile Recruitment Centres in the following areas; Gantsi, Maun, Francistown, Palapye and Gaborone as the Main Centre. It is therefore compulsory that candidates indicate their place of preference in their applications.
KEY SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Team player
- Trustworthy Selfless Courageous
REMUNERATION, BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
BDF offers competitive remuneration and benefit packages commensurate with qualification over and above the following;
- Free accommodation and subsidised utilities
- Professional and academic growth
- Local and international exposure
- 20% BDF allowance (X-factor)
- Free advanced medical care
All candidates will have to undergo a selection process which includes the following:
- Physical fitness assessment (2.4km run, push-ups and sit ups).
- Comprehensive medical exam in accordance with BDF Recruitment Medical Standards.
- Aptitude tests, interviews and group tests.
- Successful candidates shall undergo a 12 months Basic Military Training.
- Upon completion of training, officers must be ready to serve in various geographic locations and environmental conditions.
- Certified copies of National Identity Card (Omang), relevant educational certificates/documents, transcripts, CV and references must be attached.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
ALL APPLICANTS ARE TO APPLY ONLINE USING THE LINK BELOW:
ONLY THOSE WITH CONSTRAINTS IN USING THE LINK SHALL BE ALLOWED TO SEND THEIR APPLICATIONS TO THE ADDRESS BELOW:
Botswana Defence Force
Private Bag X06
Reference: O/CDT: VAC 1/20
Closing date: 30 October 2020
Hand deliveries will not be allowed.
Only successful candidates will be shortlisted for selection.
For Enquiries call 36 62 135 / 71 373 483 / 74 735 532