VACANCY NUMBER 2 OF 2019
The Botswana Red Cross Society is a National Society that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1968, as an organization auxiliary to the government in the humanitarian field. The auxiliary mandate of the BRCS as stipulated in the Red Cross Act demands that it plays a pivotal role in complimenting Government efforts in social services, disaster management and health services.
The BRCS has vacancies for the following positions;
PHYSIOTHERAPIST x2; tenable in Sefhare iSefhare Stimulation Centre) and Francrttown (Tshimologo Stimulation Centre)
MAIN PURPOSE Of THE JOB;
To provide physiotherapy services to clients and learners at the Centre and m the communities aimed at maximizing their functional abilities hence improve their quality of life.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To develop treatment plans for day clients coming for physiotherapy and overall rehabilitation services in the centre and other vulnerable groups.
- To facilitate referral systems, record keeping for learners and clients and perform overall management of the department.
- To conduct community-based rehabilitation services and outreach follow-ups in the catchment communities
- To educate families and the community at large about disabilities and their rehabilitative /management procedures and awareness through workshops and/or community forums.
- To liaise with other Rehabilitation Professionals, to keep abreast with new developments in rehabilitation and upgrade the services accordingly.
- To foster and form partnerships with potential donors.
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy. Human Movement Sciences and/or related field.
- Registration with Botswana Health Professionals Council
Three (3) years’experience In working with people with disabilities, and conducting Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Effective communication
- Team player
- Results Driven
- Emotional Intelligence
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
REMUNERATION: BRCS offers an attractive remuneration package and benefits.
APPLICANTS SHOULD.PROyiDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Two work-related references O Certified copies of certificates
- Certified copy of a valid Identity Card (Omang)
- Driver’s License will be an added advantage
CLOSING DATE: 24th July 2019
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
If you consider yourself the best candidate for the position, please send the required documents on/or before 24th July 2019 to;
BOTSWANA RED CROSS SOCIETY
P.O. BOX 485. GABORONE
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates