PART -TIME-6 MONTHS
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 14 0f 2019
VACANCY: PRINCIPAL SCIENTIFIC OFFICER I (NATIONAL FOOD CONTROL LABORATORY)-110900099.2.3
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above positions in the Department of Health Services Management, Nutrition and Food Control Division under the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
SALARY SCALE: D2 (P271, 020 – P299, 232) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
BENEFITS: (i) Optional contributory Medical aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
ii) Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15% and Employee pays 5%)
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Food Sciences, Food Technology, Chemistry or Microbiology with focus in food, or related fields. Master’s degree in one of the above fields will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE: At least two (2) years relevant work experience as a Principal Scientific Officer II or equivalent.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To oversee all activities of the National Food Control Laboratory (food and water) ensuring the delivery of efficient and adequate services for the purpose of safeguarding the quality and safety of food and drinking water in accordance with the provisions of the Food Control Act of 1993.
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
KEY PERFORMANCE AREARS:
1. Coordinates activities of the National Food Control Laboratory
2. Provides technical advice and guidance on food sampling and food inspection
3. Collaborates with local authorities, food industry and other relevant stakeholders in order to organize and run monitoring programmes and surveys on food and water quality/safety.
4. Advises the Ministry, other Government Departments and the food industry with regard to the safety and quality of food and water, in particular for the purchasing of food commodities under the government feeding programmes.
5. Establishes contracts with other laboratories locally and internationally on matters related to food and water quality control and participates in International Standardization Programmes on Methods of Analysis, Specifications and Guidelines.
6. Plans and organizes the activities of the National Food Control Laboratory in accordance with the provisions of Performance Management Systems, Total Quality Management, and the Work Improvement Teams strategies.
7. Leads in the development of the laboratory quality assurance programmes, its implementation and regular reviews.
8. Participates in the promulgation of food regulations and food standards with regards to methods of analysis and specifications.
9. Approves test methods to be used in the laboratory
10. Prepares laboratory budget estimates, controls and authorizes expenditure in accordance with budgetary allocations.
11. Plans and oversees the implementation of training programmes in food analysis and food quality.
12. Informs the management of the Ministry on the findings of the National Food Control Laboratory including the successes and failures, and proposes corrective measures.
13. Undertakes any other related duties as assigned by management
• Decision Quality (17)
• Functional/ Technical Skills (24)
• Timely Decision Making (16)
• Organizing (39)
• Priority Setting (50)
• Time Management (62)
• Process management (52)
• Ethics and Values (22)
• Integrity and Trust (29)
• Organizational Agility (38)
• Patience (41)
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications should be addressed to: -
MINISTRY OF HEALTH & WELLNESS
Hand delivered to:
Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
Closing date: 20 September 2019, 1630hours. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on