VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 7 of 2020
WE ARE STILL MAKING CVs FOR P100. COVER LETTERS FOR P50
Pay with FNB EWallet to 76981238 or Orange Money on number 76981238 or Mascom MyZaka on number com MyZaka 71431046
Whatsapp us on +26776981238?
REF: ENT 4/26/11 II (96) DATE: 14th July 2020
TO: All Permanent Secretaries / All Heads of Departments
VACANCY: PROCUREMENT& PROJECT MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR – E1
The Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism’s overall goal is to develop and implement policies, strategies and programs to provide leadership and professional guidance on all matters pertaining to the conservation and management of the country’s environment and its natural resources for sustainable development and tourism.
A talented, experienced, proactive, innovative, and self-driven citizen of Botswana is sought to fill the above-mentioned position in the Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism – Department of Corporate Services – Gaborone.
Salary Scale: E1 – (P425, 376, 816 – P442, 584) per annum
- Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%).
- Contributory Pension Scheme for Permanent and Pensionable staff (Government pays 15% and employee pays 5%).
- A contract of 24 to 36 months with gratuity at the rate of 30% payable upon expiry of contract.
Leave: 30 working days per annum.
Qualifications: Degree in Supply Chain Management/ Logistic/ Project Management or any relevant field. Must be a registered member of one of the listed institutions or registered member of a recognised equivalent institution: CIPS, MCIPS, CILT, ISM, NCMA, ARC, QSRC and ERB
Experience: Applicants must have at least minimum of sixteen (16) years relevant work experience, 2 years of which should have been served on E2 salary scale or equivalent.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic leadership and guidance on the execution of procurement, facilities management and contract management, as well as asset disposal in a timely and most cost-effective manner.
Key Performance Areas
Policy Interpretation and Advisory Services
- Provides advisory support to all Departments/Divisions/Units in the Ministry on all procurement.
- Provides professional advice and guidance to the Ministry on matters relating to procurement and project management practices for effective procurement of goods, works and services and for effective project management.
- Liaises with PPADB, MTC, and MFDP, other relevant procurement structures, other Ministries/Departments and oversight bodies as may be necessary for successful delivery of procurement.
- Provides professional leadership in negotiations with bidders/ contractors to facilitate effective delivery of procurement services.
Development of Procurement & Project Management Strategy
- Develops procurement and project management strategy in line with the relevant laws, policies and regulations and facilitates its implementation.
- Leads the dissemination of best practices in procurement to facilitate greater work efficiencies in the Procurement Unit.
- Oversees the examination and development of estimates of material, equipment and services requirement.
- Manages all procurement and disposal tender activities of the Ministry
- Oversees the preparation of tender documents
- Identifies the needs and potential suppliers.
- Maintains systems for timely dissemination of procurement and contract award information.
- Supervises the maintenance of adequate stock control and replenishment systems in the PU’s central and subsidiary warehouses and related disposal activities of assets and obsolete non-serviceable inventory items.
- Coordinates the preparation of the Procurement Unit budget
- Oversees and coordinates the utilization of the ministry funds.
- Understanding the Business
- Making Complex decisions
- Focusing on the Bottom Line
- Managing Work Process and systems
- Acting with Honour and Character
- Demonstrating personal flexibility
- Sharing the vision
- Handling Tough people calls
- Getting work done through others
Applicants should quote the reference number of this advertisement and provide:
- (i) Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
(ii) Certified copies of Certificates (Academic and Professional) and at least two (2) recent work-related references
- Serving Public Officers should indicate:
(i) Date of first appointment Present position and Appointment thereto.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications from serving Public Officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements stipulated above will not be responded to. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources, Conservation and Tourism
Private Bag BO 199
Closing Date: 10th August 2020