Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Project Manager (1 position)
Reports to: Project Director
The Project Manager provides oversight and coordination to planning and implementation of programs for optimal use of resources, including considering phasing and sustainability.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide programmatic leadership to ensure work plans are finalized through a stakeholder-driven process within the first 3 months of program startup
- Plan and execute the overall project and its stated activities as per the mission and the goals of the organization and funder rules and regulations in collaboration with the Principal Investigator (PI) and the Project Director (PD)
- Oversee reporting of program successes, outcomes, lessons learned, and challenges to PI, PD, Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW), and other key stakeholders
- Work with finance, accounts, and the technical team to develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the project
- Ensure timely and cost-effective project implementation and reporting and ensure that the project delivers on scope, on schedule, and on budget
- Communicate with partners and stakeholders to gain support and synergize efforts for the project
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different project activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide programmatic leadership, strategic direction, and prioritization to ensure the achievement of project goals
- MA/MS/MPH in administration, international development, epidemiology, public health, or a related degree
- At least 7 years’ experience in implementing international public health programs with at least 5 of those years being in HIV
- Possesses advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications and statistical analysis packages
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.