- To oversee the management of Card and reconciliation Operations, ensuring efficient and effective management of the unit for better resource application.
- Oversee and enhance the integrity and efficiency of the unit’s function to ensure prompt and efficient service delivery
- Cards Operations to manage and monitor cards operations, ensure that reconciliation is prepared, updated and outstanding items investigated on daily basis to minimise risk and for betterment of customer service.
- To receive and check the reports to make sure that transactions have been captured properly and if need be necessary r reversals done to correct the omissions.
- Reconciliations manage the bank reconciliation accounts, ensuring prompt resolution of outstanding items, making sure that queries to other stakeholders are sent and follow up made to clear any outstanding items on the recons
- Liaise with other related departments to make sure items arc cleared before they are long overdue.
- Manage and coordinate all bank reconciliation activities
- Manage the investigation and follow up of all outstanding items on bank reconciliation statements with responsible persons and various departments
- Identify old and irrecoverable amounts on bank reconciliation and advice how best to resolve them.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of banking transactions for all the bank accounts maintained by the bank to ensure timely completion of financial reports.
- Provide daily summary of bank reconciliations for review by Management
- Verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balance
- Working closely with Finance department to ensure adequate internal controls are maintained in the opening and closing of new and old bank account
- In liaison with other data entry personnel, improve the internal control environment on bank accounts and transactions
- Systematically liaise with other departments and branches In the timely booking of transactions as well as clearance of related bank reconciliation items.
- VISA reconciliations, dispute resolution and processing chargebacks
- Ensure all queries loaded on Comma 5 are attended
- Any other duties assigned by management within the scope of the banks goals
- Working jointly with other personnel to provide quality customer service, ensuring efficient service to internal and external customers
- Promoting good working relationship-team work, without compromising bank standards and operating procedures
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Banking or related fields
- At least five (S) years Banking experience, of which three (3) years was on Card Operations and reconciliations
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A strong knowledge of Visa Operations, Forex, Clearing and Retail branch operations and other related functions.
- Must be customer focused and action oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills and organisation skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles.
- Strong Analytical and evaluation ability
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiations skills.
- Good knowledge of Anti Money Laundering and KYC guidelines
- Ability to organize
- Planning and execute goals and objectives in an organized, professional manner.
- Ability to adapt to change and implement policies.
- Computer literate (sound knowledge of MS Office – Word. Excel and Power Point, and risk management systems
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
- Ability to work independently with or without direction and/or supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multitask. Flexibility and adaptability in work approach
- Ability to cope under pressure
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may submit their Applications, together with certified copies of academic and/ professional certificates, identity card, references and their latest updated C.V to email@example.com
Head of Human Resources,
First Capital Bank Limited,
P. O. Box 5548,
Or Hand Delivered to: First Capital House Plot 74768, 2nd Commercial Road, New CBD, Gaborone so as to reach the office on or before 3rd August, 2019.
Please note that:
1. Candidates should NOT attach original documents to the application form.
2. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.