Responsible for assisting the Senior Reconciliations Officer with the daily processing and reconciliations of all general ledger and office accounts related to specific payment processes of Bank Windhoek, Bank Gaborone and Cavmont Capital Bank.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAs):
- Responsible for the preparation of daily reconciliations of payments related general ledger and office accounts by:
- Downloading transactions for reconciliation purposes
- Creating VISA, NAMSWITCH and MASTER Card Batches for Daily Clearing
- Ensuring downloaded information agrees to the accounts on Phoenix, and
- Identifying unmatched and/ or uncleared transactions.
- Manage, track and limit open exception items to prevent losses.
- Report any irregularities found on reports used for processing batches to the Senior Recon Officer.
- Report any irregularities found on reconciliations to the Senior Recon Officer.
- Assist in the investigation and following up of uncleared transactions found in the payments related accounts.
- Assist in the creating of any journal entries necessary for the clearing of unmatched transactions on reconciled items.
- Must be willing to perform any other reasonable and lawful duties assigned by the management.
- Ensure all versions of manuals and process documentation is updated and available to all relevant parties.
- Assist in the monitoring of all related accounts in the case of system upgrades and/ or changes.
- Provide professional customer service to external service providers and clients.
- Provide adequate knowledge on payments solutions, channels and procedures to all stakeholders.
- Passion to work with numbers.
- Assertive and possess effective time management and planning skills.
- Ability to operate independently and to operate as a team.
- Ability to compare, preserve and classify.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Time management
- Adhering to policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving, analysis and decision making.
EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems and processing activities
- At least 2 years’ experience in the Banking environment
- Knowledge of systems and procedures
- Computer literacy (Word and advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of the payment industry rules and regulations will be an advantage
- Sound knowledge of the Visa/MasterCard and Namswitch rules will be an advantage
- Grade 12 (25 points) (Accounting as a Subject)