Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building.
We seek hands on, result driven individuals, with good interpersonal skills to fill the above position within the partnership. The incumbents should be hardworking and willing to learn.
CODA Study: A clinical pharmacokinetic study to assess drug interactions between HIV antiretroviral medicines and hormonal contraceptives.
She/he works closely with the Study Nurse Coordinator and Study Physician at the site and should consult with them as necessary for the implementation and monitoring of research activities. Duties and responsibilities include;
- Performing venepuncture for blood sampling, pregnancy tests and vital signs in collaboration with other research nurses and research assistant
- Providing the contraceptive implant and injection according to study SOPs and national standard of care – may be trained post-appointment
- Dispensing medications as required e.g. for management of contraception related side effects
- Assists in ensure study participants are attending follow-up and ensuring that lost-to-follow up is minimized, including contacting participants who have missed appointments.
- Supporting research assistant in conducting data collection via study questionnaires at enrolment and follow-up.
- Assisting with recruitment of study participants
- Assisting other team members with translation of study-related documents
Qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in General Nursing
- 1-5 years in research and experience in sexual reproductive health is desirable
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
CLOSING DATE AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Qualifying and competent individuals are requested to forward their detailed applications to:
Human Resources & Operations Manager
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
Closing date: 24th December 2019
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidate.