Sales Manager C – IRC172553
at Finance House, Gaborone, South East District, Botswana in FNB Botswana Business Banking
Ends 26 Jul 2019
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role and relevant industry.
- Sound Forex and Money Markets knowledge.
- Draws on specialized knowledge.
- Optimizes existing models.
- Use discretion and informed judgment to evaluate options within broad theoretical guidelines.
- Leverages on social intelligence to navigate complex situations and relationships.
- Set targets for the portfolio in line with turnover.
- Plan strategic objectives for the portfolio.
- Assist in building and managing the opportunity tracking tool.
- Communicate client interactions and feedback to stakeholders with regards to developments.
- Initiate client scoping sessions, road shows and quarterly client visits to gain client insights.
- Initiate brainstorming sessions to identify opportunities across the group and manage action items thereof.
- Create innovative solutions for specific product areas.
- Interrogate and manage MIS data to identify potential turns in business cycles or client behavior.
- Review MIS data in order to ensure that internal trading desk turnover targets are met as well as migrating risk from internal trading books.
- Proactively manage credit facilities to ensure adequate limits are in place.
- Make cold calls in order to originate business to grow the portfolio.
- Manage escalated unresolved client issues.
- Manage complex relationships within support areas to ensure best outcome for both the client and the bank.
- Interact with IBD DCM team on a regular basis in order to gain insight into client activities to strengthen client relationships.
- Present to clients on RMB’s capabilities and how the desk can help them.
- Depending on client needs, develop bespoke proposals, including hedging solutions.
- In response to client request, source price from Traders.
- Pricing clients and managing individual client pricing strategy.
- Capturing all booked deals and recording lost deals on lost deal tracker.
- Match appropriate client events to specific clients and attend the events with them.
- Analyse daily happenings in the market to understand short, medium and long-term trends and to be able to anticipate and engage with clients on their specific needs.
- Provide daily commentary on market happenings, including for example on media platforms.
- Provide feedback to Desk Head on client volumes and activity.
- Drive automation, migration from manual to automated.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with all stakeholders, displaying excellent abilities to initiate dialogue, listen, advise, influence and negotiate to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Initiate meetings with key stakeholders to track progress, manage expectations and ensure stakeholders’ requirements are delivered.
- Preserves relationships despite airing conflicting views and seeks mutual gains when addressing conflicts.
- Anticipates consequences and adapts problem solving based on continual feedback.
- Act speedily to resolve problems, queries and complaints.
- Adapt communication styles to meet the needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates pride in the organisation’s brand, services and products by consistently delivering on the brands promise.
- Plan and manage own workflow, anticipating obstacles, juggling priorities and following through on objectives within agreed time-frames and according to quality standards.
- Stay relevant and up-to-date with legislations and new development.
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
- Handle stress in ways that do not negatively impact others.
- Take ownership of personal career development, leveraging formal and informal opportunities.
- Act in an ethical, transparent and morally defensible manner, including highlighting unethical practices.
- Continually share, debate and communicate learning’s.
- Flag and debate issues constructively.
- Contribute to a friendly, co-operative climate in working with others to achieve collective goals.
- Be sensitive to others feelings, needs, values, views and attitudes and be courteous and diplomatic when dealing with difficulties and problems others may be experiencing (EQ).
- Update ongoing MIS example non-settled trades/past due report, daily market report, daily Pnl.
- Adherence to Group, country and regulatory policies.
- Ensure own behavior does not bring the bank/department into disrepute.
- Provide information in response to requests.