Sales Manager (Sub Saharan Africa)
Territory Sales Manager
In working for a leading international competitor within manufacturing, The Regional Sales Manager will be required to manage and support all aspects of the Company’s Sales Growth Strategy. One will direct, support and oversee this function in order to increase and grow the sales and profit of the territory sales objectives with the goal to continually exceed annual sales. This would encompass air compressors with a broad range of rotary screw technology, air dryers and vacuum systems
- Required to manage the daily sales activities, including pipelines, distributor partners and manufacturer representatives
- Initiate and implement strategies to exceed sales objective for the territory.
- Develop and execute a business/sales plan to exceed the assigned sales and revenue targets.
- Negotiate and approve all sales agreement in working with management to ensure profitability and growth
- Manage and follow up on customer concerns and issues
- Manage the territory to budgeted resources.
- Provide consistent sales support to distributors/channel partners and manufacturer representatives.
Manage and steer the performance of distributors, as well as channel and manufacturing reps.
Manage the performance with customers to surpass program and area goals and objectives.
- Identify opportunities with current and new distributors/channel partners to aggressively grow sales volume.
- Expand new and ongoing relationships as well as directing customers for growth
- Communicate and implement marketing programs & product updates with indirect distributors/channel partners, direct customers, and sales team.
- Utilise product expertise to indirect distributors/channel partners, direct customers, and sales team as a trusted consultant.
- Maintain regular communication with Sales Management and Product Management.
- Ensure all environmental, ethical, and company policies are met and provide intervention in the event of a compliance issue.
- Required to continually work towards exceeding client and distributor/channel partner expectations.
- Communicate market trends, product ideas and competitive intelligence to sales and product marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/ BEng) or higher is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Business to Business Sales Leadership experience
- Must have a proven track record of achieving sales objectives by leading & motivating distributor network and sales team.
- Must have previous experience in growing market territory.
- Compressor Industrial experience required with a particular focus on Oil Free products
- Strong background in channel/distributor account management and development (revenue based with distributor relationships), and/or direct customers a must
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Exceptional presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be highly professional in dealing with all levels of the organization including international and external customers.
- Accustomed to frequent international travel
- Fluent in English where French and /or Portuguese would be highly advantageous.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Don't just go away, leave a comment. To view Job Application details please scroll down