Sales Representative – Gaborone
Working on behalf of an FMCG group of companies that manufacture human consumption snack food and agricultural goods. Company is over 30 years old and is based in Botswana/Namibia but sells its manufactured products throughout various countries within Southern Africa.
Reporting to the Director of Sales you will be managing all existing business, as well as identifying new business opportunities and making them happen. Candidate would be based in Gaborone, Botswana/Windhoek Namibia. However, will be required to travel nationally as well as neighbouring countries. Candidate will work closely with large distribution centres and the selling teams within them. Candidates will be required to travel nationally.
Requirements of Candidate
- Strong verbal and written communication in English/Afrikaans. The candidates will need to be fluent and clear in English, Afrikaans would be advantages when dealing with certain customers.
- Candidates need to have strong arithmetic. They will need to be able to do simple mathematics like percentages and subtraction etc.
- Candidate must be confident and be able to negotiate. FMCG customers can sometimes be quite rude to the sales people and we require someone who has a “thick skin”
- Good reporting skills – candidate will be required to report directly to Sales Director and Managing Director
- Ensuring sales targets are achieved
- Ability to asses and formulate market related information
- Must be prepared to travel nationally and internationally
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Basic computer literacy and tablet skills
- Drivers licence
PLEASE NOTE: we are looking for a local KZN candidate who is willing to relocate.
Please send suitable CVs through to [Email Disabled] or apply directly online at [URL Disabled]
Kindly note, if you do not hear back from a consultant within 5 to 7 working days, please consider your application unsuccesful this time around.