- Reporting to the Mining Manager, the Section Superintendent – Electrical will be responsible to organise, direct and supervise the maintenance teams, ensuring that maintenance of mining related surface and underground fixed plant and electrical infrastructure is completed in a safe, cost effective, timely, and quality manner to service the needs of the mining operation
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop maintenance systems for of all electrical and fixed plant underground mining infrastructure to support the department in meeting the business objectives and targets;
- Develops medium/long term forecast, maintenance and repair/overhaul plans integrating procurement and other activities in the mine;
- Coordinates the implementation of a short/medium term maintenance plans aligned to the mine plan in conjunction with the mining technical section;
- Ensures technical assurance of the electrical and mechanical systems by carrying out periodic audits, risk assessments and maintaining engineering standards;
- Establishment of best practice standards for equipment, taking cognisance of health, safety, environmental, technical and statutory requirements;
- Ensure development of right competences and effectiveness of human capital through developing and implementing of career, localisation, succession and training plans as well as talent attraction and retaining strategy;
- Communicate effectively with other site technical, operational, support, and managerial teams;
- Plan tasks according to maintenance schedules and operational requirements;
- Responsible for overseeing the monthly, weekly and daily planning, scheduling and coordination of fixed plant and electrical maintenance activities, ensuring maximum efficiency and safety of people and equipment;
- This position carries a legal appointment in terms of the Mines, Quarries, Works and Machinery Act (Cap 44:02);
- Demonstrate strong safety values and a willingness to build a safety culture;
- Coordinates & manages the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility as well as compliance to the statutory requirements;
- Develop annual budgets and forecasts in area of responsibility;
- Complete periodic reports in area of responsibility;
- Ensure infrastructure availability and cost targets are met in area of responsibility;
- Continually work towards reducing unplanned maintenance and unplanned downtime for infrastructure under area of responsibility; and
- Manage and supervise contractors performing fixed plant and/or electrical installations and maintenance thereof. Ensure required quality and standards are met and maintained.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Electrical Engineering degree.
- Registered with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) of Botswana;
- Applicant must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the maintenance of underground mining infrastructure, with at least 2 years at management level;
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft office and maintenance management systems;
- Excellent problem-solving skills in a complex environment.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, including goal setting, group performance monitoring and the ability to modify priorities where necessary to achieve these goals;
- Proven people management skills;
- Ability to work across all levels of the organisation;
- Proven contractor management skills;
- A team player and experience in managing a team;
- Attention to detail with excellent organisational skills; and
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
- Ability to work under pressure.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements can apply to www.jobsbw.com and must attach CV. academic qualifications and references. Please note that the company will only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
Closing date 1 May 2018.