Mandate: Ministry of Health and Wellness exists to promote and provide integrated, holistic and sustainable preventative, curative, rehabilitative quality health service to the nation.
CIRCULAR NO: 7 of 2019
Vacancy Code: 110900088.1.2
VACANCY: SENIOR HEALTH OFFICER (MALE INVOLVEMENT IN SEXUAL REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH & SEXUAL & GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE) – D4
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position in the Ministry of Health & Wellness, Department of Health Services Management, tenable at the Ministry of Health & Wellness, Headquarters.
SALARY: D4 (P204, 960 – P226, 284 per annum)
a) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50%, Employee 50%).
b) Contributory Pension Fund (Government contributes 15% and Employee contributes 5% of salary).
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing/ Social Work/ Public Health and/or equivalent.A Post Basic Diploma in Midwifery and Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of six (6) years of work experience in a Public Health setting, of which two (2) years should have been served at C1 salary scale. Candidates must have at least two (2) years of work experience in Sexual & Reproductive Health environment, especially involved in male involvement in sexual reproductive health and sexual and gender based violence, adolescents and youth.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To Interpret policies and strategies and translate them into plans and implementation of male involvement and participation in sexual and reproductive health issues as well as Sexual & Gender Based Violence on a multi sectorial scale; being able to plan, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the programme, solicit for funding for the programme, support and collaborate with different stakeholders.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Coordinates male involvement in SRH & SGBV Programme, plans, monitors and evaluate the program’s activities with the national and local stakeholders.
2. Advocates for mainstreaming male reproductive health services and male involvement in all health programs
3. Participates in promoting inter-sectorial collaboration and partnership for effective programme implementation at all levels.
4. Participates in budgeting, resource mobilization and distribution of available funding to stakeholders.
5. Participates in planning and execution of pre and in-service training of health care workers and other stakeholders in the field of male involvement in SRH & SGBV.
6. Participates in the development and execution of policies, strategies and guidelines in the area of men’s health and SGBV matters.
7. Participates in research related to men’s health and SGBV matters and analyzes the available data accrued for men’s health and SGBV victims and perpetrators in order to make informed decision for better programming.
8. Supervises (provides technical support) all the implementing partners on the matters of Male Involvement in SRH & SGBV to ensure adherence to the set protocols and standards.
9. Participates in research related issues of men and SGBV.
10. Utilizes the data from research, monitoring and evaluation for programme improvement.
11. Undertakes any other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by management.
1. Organizational agility
2. Problem solving
3. Customer focus
4. Integrity and trust
5. Drive for results
7. Time management
8. Building effective teams
9. Public speaking
10. Good writing skills
Quote the number of the Vacancy Circular and provide the following details:
a) Full name, address and place of birth.
b) Brief summary of up to date career duties (Curriculum Vitae).
c) Certified copies of certificates (Academic and Professional).
d) A minimum of two current references (not more than 6 months).
e) Certified copy of proof of Identity (Omang).
f) Date of first appointment.
g) Present post and date of appointment thereto.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications should be addressed to: -
MINISTRY OF HEALTH & WELLNESS
Hand delivered to:
Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters
Records Management Unit
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Closing date: 30 July 2019, 1630hours. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on Tel: 3632856/2012