To update and maintain asset-related information by organizing, managing and maintaining both electronic and physical documents in accordance with applicable standards, and oversees the appropriate integration of all information into a digitised content management system.
Key Performance Areas
- Knowledge Management
- Document Management
- Data Management
- Project Management
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Policy Development & Implementation
- Client & Customer Management
- Improvement / Innovation
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Delivers prescribed outcomes for area of responsibility by working within established knowledge management systems which includes but not limited to Digitization, Archives Administration, Enterprise Content Management, Records Management, Document Management, Data Management and Library & Resource Centre Management.
- Creates a local document management system to support an office or department.
- Manages data in the system and migration of data from other legacy systems.
- Assesses, evaluates and prioritises materials for digitisation in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Checks the quality of the digitisation process and digitized materials.
- Supports and enables others to use and benefit from existing data management systems.
- Checks that filing of all electronic files and documents are done in accordance with Records and Information standard and procedures.
- Resolves, with assistance of original generator if known or with appropriate departmental point of contact, all issues related to any document not meeting applicable quality standards
- Assists in performing complex analysis in an evolving data environment in order to inform knowledge/report generation and accessibility.
- Carries out Data Migration, Data Design and Data Modelling to ensure an effective and efficient Digital information management system.
- Delivers required outcomes by working within an established project management plan.
- Develop a Knowledge Management implementation program.
- Produces accurate reports for others by collecting data from a variety of standard sources and inputting that data into standard formats.
- Extracts and analyses data, patterns, and related trends and summarize the data into useable information by leadership for effective decision-making.
- Oversees the processing of all transactional data entry and the maintenance of all related tables to ensure the accuracy and consistency of all related record changes.
- Works closely with Business Analyst to identify and scope new opportunities for data analysis applications to evaluate business performance and to support business decisions.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes by working within established procedures.
- Carries out prescribed client management activities and provides support to others by following existing procedures.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services.
- Develop mechanisms to promote innovation in the company and establish these mechanisms to identify and trigger implementation of innovative ideas.
- Works closely with Business Improvement Specialists to identify and scope new opportunities for data analysis applications to evaluate business performance and to support business decisions.
- Identifies shortcomings in current compliance processes, systems and procedures; develops ad hoc solutions to immediate problems within assigned unit and/or discipline.
- Works with System Administrators to coordinate and ensure user permission roles for asset document creation, review, updating and deletion are correct and in compliance with all information management governance processes, standards practices and security policies.
- Supervision of the functional unit and ensure early detection and resolution of Statutory, Regulatory compliance requirements.
- Executes all IT audit exceptions and ensure the implementation of preventative measures in the unit.
- Applies all legal and regulatory requirements to records and information management policies, schedules and standards.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organisations safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
A recognised Degree in Archives & Records Management, Information Management Systems, or Equivalent.
- The candidate should have at least two (2) years experience at supervisory level in managing Information Systems databases, with understanding in Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Electronic Records Document and Management Systems (ERDMS).
- Experience in Knowledge Management will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge Management
- Data Management
- Data Collection and analysis
- Policy and procedures
- Risk Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Computer skills
- Policy and Regulation
- Team Leadership
- Attention to Detail
- Information Seeking
- Approach to Thinking
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Keeping abreast with the latest knowledge management systems and technologies
- Managing and/or meeting different customer needs
- Promoting a culture of knowledge sharing