BB SURVEYORS (PTY) LTD: is currently looking for a
to join their team of professionals on contract basis in Botswana.
The successful candidate would have a technical degree in Engineering Surveying with I a min 20 years survey experience. Full proficiency In GPS and Total Station surveying techniques including specific experience in surveying of overhead power lines up to 400kV is a prerequisite for this position.
A good understanding of Geodesy is required and basic knowledge of Geology and remote I sensing techniques (3D laser scanning) would be advantageous.
International exposure to other fields of surveying would be considered advantageous for | this position that requires a well-rounded surveyor.
The work environment is predominantly in the field and require a high level of physical fitness.
Survey duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Conduct all survey related duties and responsibilities pertaining to the project.
- Duties will include route alignment profiling, tower spotting and contouring
- Providing multiple alternative route options for selection by making use of satellite 1 imagery and Google earth images for optimised route alignment in consultation I with land owners and local authorities
- Digital terrain modelling along the selected route generating contour data using GPS I and Total Station instruments
- Digitised profiling along the selected route with plan details using Micro Station / I other CAD software
- Digitised contouring at hilly and undulating tower locations
- Accurate setting out for construction of approved tower positions using GPS, Total station and leveling instruments
- As-built surveys by means of GPS and Total station and reporting of completed OverHead Line structures
- Setting out of new substations for construction using GPS and Total station instruments
- As-built of existing substations for the purpose of future upgrade designs
- Compiling technical survey reports
Interested candidates need to email their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plot 115 Unit 17,
Gaborone International Finance Park,
Kgale Mews c, Botswana.