Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training Initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public hearth challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building. We seek assertive, result oriented, strategic thinkers with good interpersonal skills to fill in the following positions.
Senior Systems Analyst / Developer (Readvertisement)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the further development and maintenance of the oxisting clinical and laboratory data solutions
- Improve integration of local and remote data systems
- Improve integration of laboratory, inventory and accounting information
- Quality assure software systems and participate in sito audits
- Participate in the laboratory validation effort
- Proficient in SQL PYTHON, and m general the LAMP development environment
- Full understanding of the object oriented approach to software development
- Test driven development especially unit testing
- Maintain documentation and strict source code version control
- Monitor, maintain and modify critical data systems to guarantee uptime, accuracy, accountability, security and confidentiality
- Assist in rolling out standard data systems for the research clinics
- Assist research staff with research data needs
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or information systems is required.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing and maintaining shared web application and database systems in a similar environment.
- Good knowledge of Python and the Django Web framework will be added advantage.
Send Cover Letter and CV to:
Senior Human Resources Officer
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
N.B: Closing date: 25th April 2018
Correspondence will only be entered Into with shortlisted candidate.