Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Senior Technical Advisor – Care and Treatment (1 position)
Reports to: Project Director
The Senior Technical Advisor – Care and Treatment will ensure the implementation of HIV care and treatment in alignment with donor and country policies and procedures. They will be guided by the organizing principles of continuous quality improvement through use of data for evidence-based decisions on the continuum of HIV services.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and lead project initiatives and technical assistance to increase utilization of and retention in care and treatment programs, as well as viral load suppression and monitoring
- Design and lead project initiatives to scale up high-impact retention and viral load strategies to ensure retention rates of over 90% and viral load suppression rates of over 95%
- Oversee implementation of quality improvement initiatives for programmatic improvement
- Develop and/or update care and treatment strategies, guidelines, in-service training approaches/curricula, standard-operating procedures, and job aids as needed
- Provide technical assistance for HIV programming across the clinical cascade of care and treatment particularly among priority populations. Work with other members of project teams to ensure successful referrals and retention
- Assess barriers to clients not retained in care and monitor trends in order to make changes in the provision of remedial services as necessary
- Provide technical assistance in care and treatment at national, district, facility and community level, including at youth-friendly facilities
- Participate in the development of care and treatment plans and oversee the development and successful implementation of service delivery annual work plans
- Support monitoring and evaluation planning to answer key care and treatment questions including assisting in the development and tracking of indicators
- Foster capacity building of the technical teams
- Participate in and provide technical assistance to national and regional care and treatment Technical Working Groups, task teams, workshops, and campaigns
- Ensure care and treatment activities effectively incorporate and consider gender and stigma reduction programming and are linked with prevention, care, treatment, and support activities
- Coordinate and collaborate with Ministry of Health and Wellness and other stakeholders
- MD, MBBS, MBChB; post graduate qualification in public health/ epidemiology is an added advantage
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in implementing HIV programs, with at least 3 of those years focused in care and treatment, including implementation of patient retention strategies
- Knowledge or experience in social, behavioral change communication implementation science
- Basic skills in Microsoft office applications
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.