About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Maximize the growth, quality and profit potential of asset, liability and fee services for the Retail Clients Division in Botswana through the effective management of innovative products, deployment of multiple distribution channels, development of bench strength capacity and capability and the leveraging of support services.
• Aggressively develop the business within the acceptable risk, regulatory, legal and compliance framework.
• Establish and develop near-to-long term business strategy focusing on key markets in our Botswana franchise and building a sustainable double digit growth.
• Responsible for building capability for execution through stakeholder engagement across Botswana value streams.
• Responsible for building engagement and alignment through better communication and the formation of a leadership team.
• Ensuring that sales and product delivery model are optimized through agenda alignment and attainment of cross-functional synergy.
• Ensure the increase in penetration of alternate distribution channels by consolidating product variants of cards.
• Establish in-fill acquisition strategy to complete product gap and accelerate business income.
• Responsible for the growth of strong balance sheet book by using product-mix and innovation to maintain long term profitability for Retail Clients in Botswana.
• Identify and define technology roadmap for alternate channels to support consumer business delivery i.e. internet-banking and mobile banking.
• Increase and improve capacity aggressively through organic expansion of number network (subject to PIC approval) based on the performance and success of existing branches.
• Responsible for organic expansion of number of sales and service staff in branches and DSR units and contact center capabilities.
• Be responsible for leading the way in productivity through process improvement, better management tools and training.
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76716431. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
• Ensure implementation of group key initiatives.
• Ensure increase across board in RC sales productivity by leveraging RM and DSR based sales channel.
• Responsible for embedding a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement through out serve plus.
• Continue to deliver significant measurable differences in critical customer experience and process metrics.
• Continue to deliver operational excellent goals, reduce cycle time and rework by 50-75%.
• Responsible for developing and delivering unique products and promotional ideas to gain market share.
• Responsible for driving Cross – VC strategies to increase product profitability at Botswana – level.
• Ensure Fitness for Growth is aligned across CB within the region and in alignment with group strategy.
• Ensure ‘no surprises’ operational losses.
• Set performance targets and oversee delivery on targets is proactively managed.
• Responsible for managing financial crime, specifically for customer due diligence for clients within the Country.
• Responsible for managing customer relationships within the Country.
• Responsibility for customer service (excluding Operations) within Botswana. Specifically responsible for building long-term client relationships and treating clients fairly. This includes identifying and managing possible client conflicts in an open and clear way.
• Responsibility for customer complaints handling within Botswana – specifically for executing the procedure for customer complaints handling in conformance with the Group Relationships with Clients Policy and for ensuring adequate oversight of customer complaints within CIB through the relevant governing body (as necessary) under the Group’s governance framework.
• Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of global systems and processes.
• Ensure there is a framework for effective management of operational risks across Retail Banking and compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws and regulations.
• Work with direct reports and other stakeholders to support the delivery of the Retail Banking strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis – incorporating infrastructure requirements and building a business that is fit-for-growth.
• Responsible for managing the integrity of client data within the Country.
• Own all the Retail Banking processes allocated within the Group’s process universe. Responsible for management of processes within the Country (in line with the Group’s process universe as set out in the Group Operational Risk Framework) and associated risks, including activities within the processes which are carried out by other businesses or functions or which are hubbed or outsourced.
• Accountable to risk control owners and/or Group policy owners for implementation of policies and control standards set by them, ensuring compliance and operating within risk tolerance and risk appetite. This includes the credit risk exposures arising from client lending activity as described below.
People and Talent
• Lead and reinforce strategic change and develop organisation alignment geared towards the overall strategic direction of the Retail Banking business to enable effective business performance.
• Provide effective leadership to the business (with direct reports and Botswana CEO), communicate the vision and build commitment and energy to focus on key priorities.
• Through assignment to direct reports:
o oversee a talent identification process and sponsor development activities that focus on identified high performing and high potential individuals in the Group’s business to ensure a high quality succession pipeline.
o develop and reward talented people and deliver business goals by active sponsorship and leadership of people management activities.
• Drive culture and values to set the appropriate tone across the CIB business in Botswana and work with fellow Country RBMT members to ensure people are recognised and rewarded adequately.
• Responsible for managing and recruiting Retail Banking staff within Botswana.
• Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
• Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
o Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
o Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
• Responsible for driving development of strong pipeline for CB Head, Function Heads & VC GM roles, resulting in a ratio of 2 agreed successors to every role.
• Implement and embed a high performance culture in CB, through robust performance, management and differentiated reward and recognition.
• Responsible for developing a succession plan for all one down and mentor/coach top talent & HIPOs.
• Ensure all vacant critical positions are filled within 30 days – for each key role, ensure 1 / 2 successor with readiness in 12-18 months (joint with ORM/OL/HR)
• Ensure there are appropriate frameworks in place so that RB business within Botswana is carried out within the Group’s risk appetite and risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with fellow Regional RBMT members, Botswana CEO, direct reports and other stakeholders.
• Provide oversight of the RB business across Botswana and through assignment to direct reports and working in conjunction with the Botswana CEO ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
• Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct and develop a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
• Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate escalation to Group/Governance Committees, as appropriate.
• Accountable for escalation from Country to Regional RBMT and/or other Group Governance Committees or stakeholders in senior management, risk or control functions as appropriate.
• Responsible for managing the provision of technology infrastructure for Retail Banking in Botswana and ensuring that this satisfies the needs of the business and compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead RB in Botswana to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• As Country Head of Retail Banking responsible for escalating matters which come up outside of the formal committee framework of the bank to the Regional Head of Retail Banking as well as Regional RB Management Team and Retail Banking Management Team where appropriate.
• Responsible for defining critical business operations within Botswana to deliver continuation of business within Retail Banking.
Health & Safety.
• You are responsible for ensuring:
• Complete mandatory H&S learning;
• Behave responsibly in compliance with this policy;
• Follow instructions as defined in H&S standards;
Comply with applicable legal requirements;
• Report work related accidents, incidents, ill health and unsafe workplace conditions in accordance with H&S standards; Cooperate in assessment and mitigation of H&S risks and investigation of accidents and incidents.
• Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group’s internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
• Champion the Group’s brand and Here for good with clients, stakeholders and regulators.
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
• Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including Regional and Country CEOs and staff.
• Responsible for working with people within Botswana who have responsibility for other activities of the business: Group/Regional/Country Function Heads, who are responsible for those policies, procedures and processes that they own that impact Retail Banking in the Country.
As a Regional RBMT member
• Collectively responsible for delivering the RBMT budget.
• Align strategies with the Group and business strategic agendas.
• Champion Here for good and Group’s brand and values in the Country.
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Mandatory Bank e-learning
o Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Sanctions
o Group Code of Conduct
o (iSAFE) Information Security Awareness for Everyone
o Living with HIV
o Reputation Risk
o Introduction to Operational Risk in Standard Chartered Bank
o Anti Bribery – Mitigating Bribery Risk
o Health Safety & Environment
• Language: Business level English
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who believe they have what it takes are advised to apply online to the following address:
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to
Closing Date: 24th June 2019