About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
• Execute global standard Client Optimization strategies to deliver Client level Return on Risk Weighted Assets
• Implement the integrated BB marketing strategy to launch/re-launch the program value proposition and specific enablers and track program performance
• Collaborate with Retail Analytics and Client Relationship teams to enhance the segment pipeline, increase products per customer, and effectively tail manage the portfolio to deliver BB Productivity metrics of client activation and negative revenue accounts
• Ensure scorecard alignment with BB segment and product strategy through active participation in the Retail Incentive Committee
• Support Retail Clients academy for the development of appropriate training content for the acquisition, relationship and service teams for Business Banking
• Ensure that the Portfolio Manager delivers the following:
-Credit/ Business Monitoring; Managing overdue Business Credit Application / Carts Covenants Risk Triggers, turnover monitoring, Notice of Compliance review etc
– Excess management & follow-up for tracking closure of excess granted to the customers (approved & unapproved cases).
Product & Service Delivery
• Have oversight and ownership on end-to-end (standard) process to ensure execution of on-boarding for clients and fulfilment of products through engagement with relevant stakeholders involved in executing the standard process to ensure we deliver a seamless client Customer Value Proposition for BB.
• Complaints & Client Experience: Collaborate closely with the Client Experience Process & Governance teams to Identify gaps and design failures in existing process and products and work with global and regional product teams to solve for endemic design issues to improve overall product and Service delivery
• Customer Due Diligence Migration follow-up & tracking closure.
• Ensure compliance to Group & Country Anti Money Laundering and Customer Due Diligence policies
• Manage the consistent and aligned delivery of policy, standards, guidelines and processes within area of focus particularly supporting senior leaders in configuring and deploying Group policies, products and processes to drive business performance and being accountable as First Line of Defence for CVP & Client Journey; Campaigns & Communication; Needs Analysis; Client Optimisation; Bank Initiated Closure processes that you own.
• Act as the CVP & Client Journey; Campaigns & Communication; Needs Analysis; Client Optimisation; Bank Initiated Closure process owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework under Business Banking. Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility as well as responsible for team awareness and accountability of risk areas.
• Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the bank particularly in the area of CVP & Client Journey; Campaigns & Communication; Needs Analysis; Client Optimisation; Bank Initiated Closure processes that you own under Business Banking. Also responsible for ensuring awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the bank and the role the individual plays in managing them.
• Provide leadership in order to comply with the highest level of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Groups policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance issues
• Embed the Group’s valued behaviours and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence to the highest ethical standards. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for
1)The conduct of job holder’s area of accountability ensuring behaviours set out the Group Code of Conduct are followed
2)Client Acquisition in Botswana achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principles & Pillars
3)Direct and indirect / dotted line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on conduct ratings of employees.
Health & Safety.
You are responsible for ensuring:
• Complete mandatory H&S learning;
• Behave responsibly in compliance with this policy;
• Follow instructions as defined in H&S standards;
• Comply with applicable legal requirements;
• Report work related accidents, incidents, ill health and unsafe workplace conditions in accordance with H&S standards;
• Cooperate in assessment and mitigation of H&S risks and investigation of accidents and incidents.
Interested candidates who believe they have what it takes are advised to apply on line to the following address:
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to
Closing Date: 30th June 2019