- Ensure Statutory (both FSA and local regulation)Liquidity requirements and Internal Group Limits are adhered to.
- Lead the way in the ALCO form through active participation, providing ALCO members with timely balance sheet analysis and market information ensuring other ALCO members are always engaged in an up to date Balance Sheet strategy that compliments the bank’s revenues aspirations.
- Propose, negotiate and regularly advice on the Funds Transfer Pricing Policy for the Bank, in a consistent manner and compliance with the Group policies, taking into account local market dynamics.
- Support ALCO in decisions relating to Capital requirements and management, proposing investment strategies and market research
- Support development of active RIWAC management and adherence to country targets.
- Show creativity when proposing solutions to specific funding problems, engineering solutions and ‘thinking outside the box’
- Proactively manage IAS39 related issues ensuring full compliance, as well as identifying arising risks and opportunities and to ensure full documentation for all hedges.
- Prove ability in managing change, especially when imposed by the external environment (regulatory).
- Manage daily liquidity ensuring adherence to all internal and external limits.
- Maintain strategic capability to meet stressed liquidity conditions if and when required.
- Ensure that all lending and investment decisions are made within GMR and Credit limits
- Ensure that all compliance and Local Regulatory requirements are met and reported as appropriate
- Managing interest rate mismatch and risk positions to maximize returns.
- Source low cost funding
- Manage operating costs
- Support and Develop the payment systems and ensure the Bank’s liquidity supports the capability of meeting customer payment needs
- Liaise with support services and the back office on behalf of the team, to maintain the provision of high quality service to traders
- Represent the Treasury Markets business in projects involving the implementation of major changes in the systems technology area
- Provide leadership in Financial Market Botswana, to comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business practices as defined by internal and external requirements. Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for
- The conduct of individuals in Financial Markets Botswana, ensuring behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct are followed
- Financial Markets Botswana achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars
- Both direct and indirect/dotted line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings of employees.
- Providing funding support and competitive rates to trading and sales teams.
- Liquidity support to Group branches (London, Singapore, etc ) in line with GALCO expectations
- Assist and coordinate with other TM units in the region
- Assist in building compliance culture within the country by ensuring full compliance in TM
- Ensure to read and understand the WB Compliance Guidance on Note Rate Setting Principles in line with the approval granted for rate setting
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76716431. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
- Ensure money laundering prevention requirements and procedures are communicated and clarified to TM staff
- Ensure the procedure of suspicious transactions monitoring within TM is communicated
- Report any issue related to money laundering prevention arising within the unit of Business MLPO
- Vet and assist in the investigation of suspicious transaction reports originating from unit staff
- Communicate with Relationship Manager (RM) on money laundering requirements and suspicious transactions.
Relationship with Clients
- Ensure full understanding of other businesses strategies, providing support with regards to funding and pricing requirements
- Network on behalf of the TM business with internal customers, external market counter-parties, and other SCB centres, in order to solicit customer feedback, gain market intelligence, benchmark trading techniques, and enhance the Bank’s profile in the market
- To drive the Bank’s Out-serve initiative within TM, ensuring this covers both internal and external relationship
- MBA / CFA with excellent conceptual and practical knowledge of financial markets
- Ideally an experienced commercial banker with a thorough understanding of the operating environment dynamics, banking products and management structures of a large and successful commercial bank
- Extensive Financial Markets and Risk Management Knowledge , with thorough understanding of Fixed Income and Money Markets Trading
- Track record of profit and generation and discipline in managing large market risk exposures
- Strong Interpersonal skills and high levels of maturity to manage interaction with different business units in the Bank especially in the matrix organization structure/Global lines of business
- Strong analytical and communication skills to gain approval of Head GM, ALCO Members and Group for complex strategies and funding solutions
- Strong achievement orientations and an ability to work under pressure
- Ability to articulate market views and translate into trading strategies
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who believe they have what it takes are advised to apply online to the following address:
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to
Closing Date: 23rd June 2019