Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Technical Program Manager (8 positions)
Reports to: Project Director
Location: Districts listed
This position will ensure the implementation of high-quality, high-impact approaches at district level across the HIV treatment cascade, overseeing a district team. They will cascade implementation of continuous quality improvement through use of data for evidence-based decisions for HIV services. They will provide guidance to the assigned site mentorship team to apply improvement science methods for improving quality of comprehensive HIV services. In addition the District Technical Program Manager will work with district-based technical teams to coach and mentor site and district quality improvement teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with district and health facilities to strengthen coordination of HIV services
- Monitor quality indicators and other data, and provide recommendations for improvement of district service delivery
- Lead work planning and budgeting for the districts
- Ensure timely and cost-effective project implementation and reporting
- Oversee reporting of program successes, outcomes, lessons learned, and challenges
- Drive the strategic priorities of programs within the district, including coordinating daily operations, developing and implementing monthly district work plans, and allocating resources
- Support the District Health Management Teams to adopt national HIV/AIDS policies and plans,
- Including continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Supports development and implementation of sustainability agenda within the district for long-term implementation of service delivery improvements
- Oversee performance evaluations of district teams and support capacity building to ensure the highest level of program quality and accountability
- Manage district performance dashboards and support implementation of interventions to address performance challenges
- Ensure reporting to the District Health Management Team structures on an agreed schedule
- Determine and coordinate needs for short-term technical assistance from Senior Technical Advisors
- Train, coach, and mentor site multi-disciplinary teams to adopt quality improvement principles in delivery of comprehensive HIV services
- Support district teams to develop functional site Quality Improvement Teams in all designated sites
- Guide district teams to develop facility-specific improvement plans with performance dashboards
- Support and guide district and site quality improvement teams on the review and use of patient level data to inform key clinical and management decisions
- Support and encourage benchmarking of best practices across different facilities
- Function as a quality improvement expert
- Coordinate and supervise district-based staff
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Nursing, MPH
- With at least 5 years’ experience managing HIV programs in Botswana.
- Knowledge of HIV, TB, and Treatment cascades
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.