You will be responsible for assisting the Medical Officer to carry out Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision and manage the surgical procedures
Roles and responsibilities
• Assist the Doctor during the VMMC procedure, and actively participate in
implementation of models of optimizing volumes and efficiencies.
• Suturing following the VMMC procedure
• Ensure adherence to continuous quality standards and Infection control
• Carry out pre-circumcision preparations and make sure that the operation
room is ready for the operation and the required equipment is in good
condition, functioning properly and is sterilized.
• Provide counselling for HIV testing and VMMC acceptance, and answer client
questions regarding the VMMC procedure
• Supervise booking of clients for VMMC to ensure correct registration and
follow up of clients
• Organize and prepare schedules for outreach services
• Assist in data compilation for reporting to DHMT and MoHw as advised by the
• Participate in the development of the VMMC plan for the district
Qualifications and experience
• Degree/Diploma in General Nursing or BNS
• Midwifery or some surgical experience that would have included suturing
• Minimum of four (4) years post qualification as a Registered Nurse
• Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Botswana
• Theatre and counselling skills will be an added advantage
• Experience as a Theatre Nurse will be a PLUS
• Experience assisting during VMMC procedures
Knowledge, skills and attributes
• Infection control measures in the health care setting
• In depth understanding of continuous quality standards
• Thorough knowledge of nursing practices in the operation/procedure room
• Ability to stand and work for long hours.
• Attention to detail, Botho, Initiative
Availability and hours of work:
• You must be flexible and available, weekends, holidays and overtime.
• You should be available to be called at short notice.
• Work schedule will vary based on the needs of the program
• Willingness to work outside your static site for longer days (outreaches)
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Private Bag X033
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: email@example.com .
Alternatively, they can be hand-delivered to:-
The African Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP) Head Office at Block 5, Plot 64511, Unit 1, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana
Closing date for applications: 23rd August 2019