Overview of role
Our client who is a parastatal is looking for an experienced Legal Advisor & Board Secretary to deliver the Organisation’s legal obligations and Board secretarial services to promote good governance and administration of Board’s affairs.
- Ensure that governance rules, regulations, procedures, code of conduct and relevant state laws are complied with.
- Provide impartial legal advice and support to the Board and management of the organisation.
- Keep the organisation informed of corporate legal responsibilities.
- Propose and develop legislation and rules and regulations for the company as they become necessary
- Assist the Executive Management in legal matters pertaining to the company, including affairs of labour disputes, property management, insurance, criminal and civil proceedings
- Render professional legal advice to the CEO for any proposed legal action to be initiated and/or defend the interests of the organisation.
- Advise the Board Members in corporate and legal affairs
- Ensure compliance with established procedures for the conduct of Board meetings.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- At least a post-graduate degree in Law from a recognized University.
- At least 10 years of legal experience post-qualification of which 4 years experience must have been gained as a Corporate Secretary at a managerial level.
- Experience of working in a large business organization will be an added advantage
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
For confidential enquiries, please contact Sesaleteng Seabe at firstname.lastname@example.org