Overview of role
Our client who is a parastatal is looking for an experienced Legal Advisor & Board Secretary to deliver the Organisation’s legal obligations and Board secretarial services to promote good governance and administration of Board’s affairs.
- Ensure that governance rules, regulations, procedures, code of conduct and relevant state laws are complied with.
- Provide impartial legal advice and support to the Board and management of the organisation.
- Keep the organisation informed of corporate legal responsibilities.
- Propose and develop legislation and rules and regulations for the company as they become necessary
- Assist the Executive Management in legal matters pertaining to the company, including affairs of labour disputes, property management, insurance, criminal and civil proceedings
- Render professional legal advice to the CEO for any proposed legal action to be initiated and/or defend the interests of the organisation.
- Advise the Board Members in corporate and legal affairs
- Ensure compliance with established procedures for the conduct of Board meetings.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- At least a post-graduate degree in Law from a recognized University.
- At least 10 years of legal experience post-qualification of which 4 years experience must have been gained as a Corporate Secretary at a managerial level.
- Experience of working in a large business organization will be an added advantage
For confidential enquiries, please contact Sesaleteng Seabe at email@example.com