VACANCY AT BOTSWANA FIBRE NETWORKS (BOFINET)
This fast growing Company would like to invite suitably qualified, commercially oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the following entry level position:
1. LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER x 1 (2 Year contract)
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Legal and Compliance Manager, the incumbent will render legal, regulatory and compliance advice in line with statutory requirements and BoFiNet license, policies, procedures and regulations.
1. Provide sound advice on legal, regulatory and compliance matters
2. Review, draft and negotiate contracts entered into between BoFiNet and other parties
3. Ensure compliance with BoFiNet licence as per the licence terms and conditions
4. Review and evaluate compliance issues and conduct periodic internal audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
5. Research regulated markets and monitor product processes development to ensure processes meet regulatory requirements
6. Create and maintain contracts data base
7. Ensure that BoFiNet’s products and services are available on an equal, open and non – discriminatory basis.
• Effective communication (written and verbal)
• Drafting of contracts
• Negotiation skills
• Analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have attained the following:
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
• Member of the Botswana Law Society
• At least one (1) year relevant work experience in ICT environment
Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by providing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving full details of their academic/professional qualifications, experience and at least three (3) referees to:
The HR Manager
Private Bag 00236
Hand deliver to: Unit 3, Plot 74769, Mowana Mews, Gaborone CBD, Botswana OR Email: email@example.com
Please contact us on: 3995500
CLOSING DATE: 07th November 2016
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
Botswana Fibre Networks (BoFiNet) is a telecommunications company that is wholly owned by the Government of Botswana. BoFiNet has been charged with the responsibility of running an important national strategic asset in the high capacity fibre network within Botswana as well as the international terrestrial links from Botswana to the rest of the world.
BoFiNet manages these fibre networks in order to create an open access wholesale capability, serving the telecommunications industry in Botswana and abroad. The intent is to drive the vision of Botswana by promoting an Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) enabled environment.