An African Safari company.
The main purpose of the Lodge General Manager is to manage the lodge and thereby create a profound guest experience, in line with the service vision and creative concepts of the Lodge. It is the responsibility of the Lodge General Manager to monitor hospitality service, maintenance, and housekeeping standards within the lodge. The role is additionally strategic in nature, and the Lodge General Manager must drive the appropriate service directives for the camp, and move the departments towards achieving broader goals. In this capacity, guest expectations regarding the standard of service should be exceeded. In addition, the camp needs to be monitored so that it runs in a cost effective manner, within the agreed budget; in a manner, which is conducive to positive inter-personal relationships between staff; and at a superior level of efficiency. The Lodge General Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the morale of the camp staff is kept at a high level and that staff are developed on an on-going basis. Finally, the Lodge General Manager must provide a written hand over of responsibilities to the Front of House Manager in his/her absence and ensure that a full handover is received on his/her return. This position is accountable to the Operations Manager.
Scope of work:
In broad terms the Camp Manager oversees the following key performance areas:
- Drive the broader goals of the company, in terms of the camp, by planning and implementing Strategic Management Plans.
- Management, training and up skilling of the camp staff in line with the Group’s Standard of Excellence.
- Ensure ultimate guest relations in the camp and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and maintenance and ensure that style and design is not eroded.
- Effective financial management through the administration of orders and effective stock control. Effective communication and maintenance of camp relations.
Full medical Aid Cover with Bomaid under Scheme B (employee only) 24 days Leave Per Annum 12 free bed-nights per Annum at any UA Camp as per Bed-night Ts & Cs Food & Board
A hardworking, co-operative manner High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry Attention to detail Exceptional English and a second language would be preferable Good computer literacy Excellent management ability and communication skills A clear understanding of basic labor law and disciplinary procedures A developmental approach to staff Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills Understanding of housekeeping and maintenance procedures An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
- Matric Formal Hospitality Qualification. A minimum of 5 year’s work experience – ideally 2 years as a trainee and 4 in a well recognized five star hotel or world-class lodge, as a manager. Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge Financial management ability
· Reference: LS-77562-2304 (Client Reference: TV 8297)
· Salary: BWP15 000.00 – BWP20 000.00 Gross x 2 for a couple
· Country: Botswana
· Employer type: Game Farm & Lodge
· Contact: Thalita Visser on 0117893337 quote LS-77562-2304