Kendrick Recruitment is now searching for an experienced Lodge Management Couple for a modern, sophisticated 5* Game Lodge, located on a private island at the heart of the Okavango Delta based in a remote area of Northern Botswana wilderness.
This is an excellent opportunity for mature and stable couples to take on the role of operating and managing a remote luxury lodge in the Northern Botswana wilderness.
Fundamental to this role is an acute understanding and knowledge of operating a luxury safari lodge in a holistic manner.
The successful couple will need to possess exceptional hosting skills as the interaction and well-being of our international clientele is of vital importance to this position. Qualities that will be sought to ensure our clientele receive the maximum comfort and enjoyment of their safari experience include: maturity, patience, highly presentable and exceptional efficiency.
Couples must also prove combined skills, experience and qualifications in remote luxury lodge management and operations including:
- First aid;
- Field guiding;
- Environmental management;
- General maintenance
- Rifle handling;
- Lodge administration;
- Off-road driving;
- International client liaison
- Computer literacy;
- Food & Beverage (both kitchen & service)
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Hospitality or Food and Beverage Management tertiary qualification – essential
- A minimum of 6 years’ previous Operational experience at Management Level is essential
- Proven management experience in a 5* environment is essential
- International experience will be advantageous
- Proven record in overseeing all budgetary aspects and ensuring that the budget is not exceeded at any time.
- Knowledge of preparing and submitting, on a monthly basis, a report detailing forecast vs. actual results vs. budget per outlet and reasons for any variances to budget/forecast.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Proven experience in coordinating, managing & motivating a highly diverse complement of staff
- The ability to maximize staff performance through training & coaching
- Flexibility and ability to work long hours & shifts
- The ability to work in a highly pressurized work environment
Basic Salary: BWP22,000 per person, live in
- Salary is BWP 22000 per person
- 50% Medical Aid contribution
- For SA candidates – 3 x home ward flights per year
- For International 1 x home ward flight per year
- Laundry free
- Accommodation Free
- Uniforms provided.
Should you feel you are the perfect all-rounder our client is searching for, please apply with your updated CV (full), references and a recent head & shoulders photo ASAP!
Please note: Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not receive correspondence from us within seven (7) working days of submitting your application, please consider your application for this position as unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in the future.