VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 42 OF 2017 REF NO: OP 7/72/10 XIII (51)
MANAGER: PROCUREMENT (1 Post)
SALARY SCALE: E2 (P348, 348- P362, 412) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
i) Optional contributory medical aid scheme with the Botswana Public Officers’ Medical Aid Scheme (BPOMAS) – Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%. Government will also contribute 50% of the medical aid cover for individuals who are already members of a different Medical Aid Scheme other than the BPOMAS.
ii) A contract of 24 to 36 months, with gratuity at the rate of 30% payable upon expiry of contract.
To be considered for appointment, applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Strategic Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field.
Applicants should have fourteen (14) years proven relevant work experience of which, two (2) years should have been served at D1 level or its equivalent in a procurement and asset disposal and supplies management- related environment
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide strategic leadership in the procurement of supplies, services and works as well as the disposal of assets for the Ministry in a timely and efficient manner
1. Policy Interpretation and Advisory Services
• Provides advice on procurement matters requiring policy action and guides on all technical matters for effective procurement of goods, works and services.
• Provide technical advice in the preparation of tender documentation, administration of the tendering and evaluation of bids for contracts awards.
• Initiates and direct the establishment of PPADB support structures to ensure compliance with the statutory requirements.
• Initiates the development and review of policy and strategy to enhance effectiveness of the Ministry in meeting Government’s expectations concerning public procurement and assets disposal.
2. Procurement Planning
• Coordinates and oversees development of Procurement Plans.
• Manages all procurement and asset disposal tender activities of the Ministry.
• Oversees the preparation of tender documents.
• Oversees the procurement and disposal processes as well as tendering process to ensure adherence to relevant provisions of the PPADB Act and Regulations.
3. Stakeholders Collaboration
• Liaises with relevant bodies to ensure a proactive management and development of the contractor base, including small and medium sized enterprises and other service providers.
4. Contract Administration
• Coordinates and oversees contract administration and preparation of End of Activity Reports.
• Manages contracts with contractors to ensure expected deliverables.
5. Supervision and Unit Performance
• Plans and directs the activities of the Procurement Unit.
6. Financial Management
• Oversees and coordinates the utilisation of the Ministry funds.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Analytical and Strategic Thinking
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Team work and Partnering
• Communicating effectively
• Planning and Execution
• Supervision and Accountability
• Innovating and drive change
• Delivering Quality Service
Applicants should quote the vacancy circular and provide the following details:
a) Full names, address, date and place of birth.
b) Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
c) Certified true copies of certificates and national identity card.
d) Two (2) copies of recent work related references (not more than six (6) months old).
e) In case of serving public officers.
• Date of first appointment
• Present post, scale and date of appointment thereto.
f) In case of candidates from parastatals and private sector organizations, please provide statement of salary or pay slip.
All applications from serving public officers must be routed through their respective Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to;
Ministry for Presidential Affairs, Governance and Public Administration
Private Bag 001
Hand deliver to Office of the President, Records Management Unit Office No. 005.
Closing Date: 8th December, 2017.
For any enquiries please contact the HR department at 3950800.