Scope of the job
To effectively oversee the business of Hotel group operating eleven hotels in Botswana and Zambia (“the Group”), to lead the Group in the most profitable strategic direction and to ensure increased shareholder value while implementing its vision, mission, and values.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Oversee the formulation, implementation and execution of the Group’s business strategy with specific emphasis on the expansion of the Group regionally
- Maintain a relationship of trust with various stakeholders
- Oversee the Group’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Keep the Board informed on strategic and other key issues, and ensure high standards of good governance
- Motivation, Training and Development of the Executive team.
The candidate should have
- A post graduate business management qualification from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in an Executive Management position.
- Managerial experience in a well-established hotel chain group will be an added advantage.
- A high degree of intellectual competence
- Have a strong and focused communication, negotiating and management style.
- Have a traceable track record of improving efficiency through modern management concepts and building a successful team across different organizational functions.
- Outstanding analytical ability
- Outstanding experience in developing and executing strategic business plans;
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse team, supported by a proven track record;
- Knowledge of international best practice in enterprise management and corporate governance
- A strong understanding of corporate finance