Company: AEL Mining
Job Title Managing Diretor
Location – Country Botswana
AEL is looking to recruit a Managing Director to work in Botswana. To provide strategic direction and drive execution for the Business and AECI segments. To construct the overall strategic imperatives of the division leveraging available resources (fiscal, people, assets, market) to influence key ratios within the income statement and balance sheet, to achieve agreed financial metrics (deliver divisional P&L targets, EBIT, gross margin, Shareholder EVA and RONA). To secure (future) contracts within the division and to grow and maintain the AEL/AECI market share.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To provide strategic sales direction and drive execution for the country and its segments..
• Develop and implement business strategies and operational plans and manage alignment and implementation
• Ensure that the Country realises AEL’s value add proposition and differentiate AEL from competitors.
• Financial management of the country, trial balance and balance sheet to maximise revenue and profitability.
• Optimize country income statement and balance sheet.
• Enhance customer relationships (internal/external).
• Key account management for selected customers (as delegated by Exco).
• Ensure the service contracts and interfaces between the AECI division and the central support functions of AEL is effective and efficient.
• Perform risk assessment and define mitigation actions.
• People management and development for the business.
• Observe and ensure compliance with governance and established policies, systems, procedures and practices.
• Comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards.
• Ensure “License to Operate” is maintained through legal and Company Standard Compliance.
• Effectively represent the company in relations and negotiations with customers, suppliers, other associated companies, regulatory agencies, professional societies and Government Departments.
• Forecast annual capital and operational expenses in line with corporate policy.
• Anticipate the changing environment and develop new processes to sustain and improve business performance.
• To provide the countries/segments with the resources needed to deliver divisional (P&L) targets.
Qualifications & Experience
• A technical qualification (NHD or Degree), preferably Mining Engineering combined with a minimum of 9-12 years relevant experience is required.
• Business qualification (B-com, Master and or MBA) is highly desirable.
• Intimate knowledge of the open-pit, quarry and underground mining markets and possess the ability to interact with customers at all operational and management levels.
• Sound knowledge of customer relationship and key account management.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant company policies, processes and procedures.
• An in-depth understanding of the OHS Act, Competitions act, Companies act, labour act, the Explosives Act and Department of Transport and Department of Trade and Industry procedures affecting the divisional area.
• Commercial contracting expertise at a strategic level with respect to, pricing, delivering key performance areas, liabilities, industrial/labour relations as well as ensuring internal and external stakeholder balance with respect to long term expectations or outcomes.
• Experience in managing operations in other continents/countries will be highly advantages.
• Track record dealing with multinational companies.
• Strategist capability
• Leadership & decision making
• Team player
• Maximising performance / results oriented
• Deliver on deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Analytical thinking
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Interpersonal skills