Mineral Processing Engineer
Lerala Diamond Mine is seeking an experienced Mineral Processing Engineer responsible for managing technical projects and providing discipline specific technical and process assurance advice to ensure that the process plant performs efficiently and effectively to meet production targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse and identify performance gaps against plant design specifications taking cognizance of throughput and production requirements
- Initiate conceptual and preliminary designs of process plant including their interface with existing plant and equipment
- Continuously developing and implementing the best and most effective practices to ensure that high standard of safety are maintained
- Provide Mineral Processing Engineering support and acts as a liaison to other production departments to ensure effective application of mine to mill principles from mining to residue disposal
- Effectively developing and managing the Process plant laboratory and Mineral Processing Engineering projects
- Developing metallurgical laboratory standards, processes and technical guidelines
- Diploma or Degree in Metallurgy, Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Must have at least 10 years post qualification experience with at least 5 years in a capital project design and/or operational and technical experience in a mineral processing production plant.
- Has sound knowledge of Mineral Processing Engineering principles and application in diamond processing plants particularly DMS circuits.
- Membership of a recognised professional body
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, health and the environment.
Closing date and application instructions
If this position is of interest please email your Resume and certified copies of your qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not hear from us regarding an interview, please unfortunately assume your application was unsuccessful.
Advert closes: 3rd March 2017
Only residents of Botswana are encouraged to apply.