MODIKWA PLATINUM MINE BURSARY FUNDING ALLOCATION FOR 2017
Modikwa Platinum Mine invites students to apply for Bursary Funding for the academic year 2017. The Bursary will be available to students intending to study full time at South African Learning Institutions.
To qualify for financial assistance, students should meet the following the selection criteria:
1. The student must have passed grade 12 with “exemption”.
2. The student should have a letter of acceptance from the learning institution, e.g. University
3. More focus shall be given to mining related courses. However that doesn’t exclude other fields that are not mining related, e.g. Environment, Health and Safety
4. Preference shall be given to the mine’s host communities (specifically seven villages including Hwashi-Difagate community Trust), Greater Tubatse and Sekhukhune District Municipality.
5. Mine employees’ kids also do qualify for bursaries but point 4 above takes preference.
6. Family background of the kids shall also be taken into consideration, e.g. qualifying kids whose guardians are pensioners or not working shall be given preference.
7. Students who funded their first year at tertiary institution and passed well will be considered.
8. Due to limited funding the mine reserves the right to add more selection criteria as it deems fit.
9. Successful students will sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Modikwa Platinum Mine.
Applications will be close on 31 January 2017 and no late application will be considered. Applicants who have not been contacted by Modikwa Platinum Mine within 28 days should consider their application as being unsuccessful.
The awarding of bursaries is at the sole discretion of the Modikwa Platinum Mine.
The mine has a right to withdraw the bursary assistance if the student has other bursary arrangements.
Send application letter with copies of your matric/university results to: Email: email@example.com or Hand Deliver at Modikwa Platinum Mine Central Offices
For more information please contact Sam Kgoetsiane on 013 230 2070
Powered by Jobs Botswana