NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT [ NNICU], PEADIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE UNIT [PICU],
CATH LAB, ADULT ICU AND TRAUMA
An opportunity has arisen for the above nurse specialists’ positions at Sidilega Private Hospital in Gaborone Block 7, which is expected to be completed towards the end of 2018. The citizen owned multi-specialty tertiary care hospital is expected to attract Botswana and the rest of the SADC region for medical and health care services. The successful candidates will be responsible for the direct care of patients in the above specialists’ areas.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements
- Performed all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatment.
- Accurately documented all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications, discharge instructions and follow-up care and ensuring continuity among nursing teams.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Evaluate and assess patient’s clinical status as well as care needs maintaining patient flow. Notifying the specialist physician as necessary.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Performed admission, discharge, and transfer procedures and assisted other nurses in the patient care.
- Implemented physicians’ orders for all assigned patient’s safety and proper administered medications.
- Collect specimens ensuring correct labeling.
- Experienced with high-risk medications.
- Identifying /teaching parents’ educational needs and promoting safe infant care upon discharge.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families
EFFECTIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS
- Collaborates with all members of the multi-disciplinary health care team to ensure effective and efficient patient care.
- Build and maintain productive relationship with doctors by agreeing on professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes.
- Diploma or Degree in nursing.
- 4 years’ experience.
- Relevant Specialist Qualification [ diploma or above].
- Basic Life Support [BLS],
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support [ACLS] certifications.
- Added advantage Pediatric Advanced Life Support [PALS],
- Current Registration with nurses and midwifery Council of Botswana.
- Computer/ Tablet proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team to support the care of critically ill patients.
- An empathetic understanding for the parents and other family members.
- The competence to work in a highly technical area.
- A good understanding of physiological and psychological needs of patients ‘ Passionate about patient care
- Good interpersonal skills and networking ability.
- Competent, empathetic, resilient, decisive and dedicated
Interested candidates who meet the requirement are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV and certified certificates to:
- Post them to: Human Resourses P/Bag 183 BR Gaborone, Botswana
- Hand deliver to: Plot 59932, Block 7 Gaborone
- Email them to: email@example.com by close of business on the 30/03/2018.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.