CHIEF NURSING SERVICES [CNS], DEPUTY CHIEF NURSING SERVICES [DCNS], RENAL UNIT,
CRITICAL CARE UNITS, THEATER, TRAUMA, OBSTETRIC & GYNAECOLOGY
AND GENERAL WARDS UNIT MANAGERS
An opportunity has arisen for the above nursing positions at Sidilega Private Hospital in Gaborone Block 7, which is expected to be completed towards the end of 2018. The citizen owned multi-specialty tertiary care hospital is expected to attract Botswana and the rest of the SADC region for medical and health care services.
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing leadership in planning, directing, coordinating and improving health care services consistent with hospital policies, objectives and standards for quality nursing care. Oversee the care of patients, these include mastering the budgeting process and adjusting for acuity, giving effective direction and feedback to nursing staff.
Creating the best working environment for nurses by introducing measures aimed at fostering collaboration.
- Implementing the recruitment, hiring and retention process.
- Conducting orientation for new staff members
- Managing resources appropriately, ethically, efficiently and effectively.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and review of relevant policies, programs and practices.
- Demonstrate leadership in promoting quality patient wellbeing.
- Advocate for both clients and the nursing profession.
- Conducting staff performance assessment.
- Demonstrates professional judgement and accountability when assigning or delegating nursing care.
- Disseminate the strategic vision for delivery of patient care.
- Conflict resolution and negotiating skills to promote collaboration between staff, physician and hospital leaders.
Collaborates with all members of the multi-disciplinary health care team to ensure effective and efficient patient care.
Build and maintain productive relationship with doctors by agreeing on professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcome.
Use the principles enshrined in Botho, including those of mutual respect and courtesy when communicating with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in nursing. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Current registration with nursing and midwifery council of Botswana.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience of which 5 years as Unit /Department manager preferably in a private hospital.
- Understanding of basic financial principles [ budget, stock management, staff scheduling and delegation.
- Computer proficiency.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Good interpersonal relationships.
- Multitask, prioritize and self-direct.
- People management skills.
- Able to supervise without micromanaging.
- Communication skills
Interested candidates who meet the requirement are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV and certified certificates to:
- Post them to: Human Resourses P/Bag 183 BR Gaborone, Botswana
- Hand deliver to: Plot 59932, Block 7 Gaborone
- Email them to: email@example.com by close of business on the 30/03/2018.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.