Fixed Term Contract Duration: 4 (Four Months)
Purpose of the Position:
To provide field leadership, support and facilitate planning, designing, and implementation of multi-sectoral health and nutrition projects, to complement activities in the ADP with emphasis on community organization, participation, education in liaison with key stakeholders in line with WVI policies and philosophy.
- Facilitate program planning and implementation in the ADP/District
- To explain the mission, goals objectives and policies of World Vision International to the community and stakeholders.
- Facilitate the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sustainable health and nutrition activities by communities.
- Enhance the sustainability of program activities through ensuring community and stakeholder involvement and participation in the project cycle.
- Facilitate the organization and coordination of meetings and workshops with community and other stakeholders.
- Follow up on development of emergencies, report developments to the Team Leader and participate in emergency relief when it occurs in the district
- Develop the capacity of local community leadership structures for sustainable development.
Facilitate and oversee the implementation of multisectoral projects in the ADP/district.
- Ensure proper implementation of functional systems of multisectoral projects as per partnership and sphere standards.
- Facilitate the building of capacities of communities in implementing, monitoring and evaluating of projects.
Develop and disseminate IEC (Information, Education and Communication) materials
- Develop IEC material resources as per project design
- Ensure the distribution of the material.
- Ensure adherence to specific grant requirements regarding the IEC material
- Compile reports as per the reporting calendar, and on demand
- Maintain an up to date database for projects activities and their status.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Health, Public Health or Nutrition
- 3 years’ experience in community development work.
- Financial management and budgeting for accountability of resources and an in-depth knowledge of project design, project management, project implementation and proposal writing. is essential
- Understanding and knowledge of community development