Old Mutual Botswana is a 2018 certified Top Employer and has achieved this award for 5 consecutive years. We are rooted in our purpose of “Enabling Positive Futures” and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience. We strive to enable our employees to Unleash Their Greatness through a Great Career, at a Great Global Company, with Great Leaders, in a Great Culture with Great Rewards and Recognition.
Old Mutual Life Insurance Company (Botswana) (Pty) Ltd, provides long term group risk insurance solutions. Our group vision is to become our customers’ most trusted partner – passionate about helping them achieve their lifetime financial goals. Our target clients include large, medium and small businesses, unions and affinity groups. Our products are sold almost exclusively through licensed intermediaries.
This is a senior management position that reports to the Managing Director. The Operations Manager is responsible for delighting customers through a superior product and service experience. The Operations Manager will achieve this through a maniacal focus on product improvement, customer experience, operational efficiency and talent development and management. Managing a multidisciplinary team as well as exploiting Old Mutual Group resources and synergies, the Operations Manager will ensure that she achieves her objectives whilst adhering to world class governance and compliance standards.
Key Result Areas
- Owns Net Effort Score (NES) and Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Owns operational efficiency and quality
- Ensures the effectiveness and appropriateness of operational processes
- Accountable for execution of tactical business plans at operational level
- Develops talent under supervision
- Provides operational and best practice context for internal environment
- Manages service delivery through a team over periods of 3 months to 1 year
- Builds effective company and Group wide relationships
Governance & Compliance
- Accountable for governance and compliance at an operational level
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in any field
· Minimum 5 years’ work experience in any field
· An insurance qualification and experience are advantageous but not mandatory
· Personal Mastery (Learning)
· Customer First
· Leading with Influence