Job no: 501851
Work type: Fixed Term Staff
Categories: Operations and Business Management
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
As the head of operations of a small/medium-sized office or sub office, accountable for management of cost effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country programmes. Manage the office’s operations (Finance, HR, ICT, Supply) related functions in accordance with strategy, plans and decisions made by Regional Management Team and Country Programme Management Teams.
Key Expected Results
- Operations of financial, budget, information & communication technology, supply & logistics, human resource and administrative management strengthened and maintained for Country Office.
- Appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of operations policy and procedures implemented to support operations at the country and sub-country levels.
- Fiduciary responsibility for funds and assets effectively secured and timely executed for optimum utilization by taking appropriate decision on all operational and financial transactions, disbursement of funds, and administrative arrangements.
- Effective leadership provided in strategic planning and policy recommendations in the area of operations, taking initiative in improving and implementing operations management systems.
- Basic office services effectively provided to enhance staff safety and productivity
- Operations components of the CPMP and annual work plans timely prepared, as well as all other operational reporting requirements fully met for the office.
- Compliance with all operational systems and procedures effectively monitored to ensure integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of the office.
- Staff learning/development for effective operations performance programme developed, implemented and enhanced for capacity building.
- Effective coordination, communication, collaboration established and maintained with internal and external partners for efficient operations, advisory function, vision and leadership, policy coordination, consultative and participatory management process, external representation as well as security and emergency operations.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in accounting, business administration, economics, or financial management and membership – or enrolled for membership – of recognized professional accountancy body
- Five years of relevant professional office management work experience.
- National and/or International work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and administration and/or other related fields,
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Drive for Result
- Working with People
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Formulating Strategies and Concept
- Leading and Supervising
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.