• Develop a purchasing strategy that ensures excellence in all areas of inventory management to support the company’s mission and core objectives.
• Develop a strategic plan for efficient procurement of products
• Employ a strong inventory management programme
• Develop a strong logistics and distribution strategy
• Oversee and manage a team of buyers and logistics personnel to build a strong and cohesive team
• Assist in the development of a companywide product category and department wise inventory
• Manage supplier relations by negotiating maximum rebates and discounts while ensuring stocking levels are optimum
• Monitor inventory turn rates and order fill rates while maximising revenue through sales
• Manage key risk factors relating to inventory levels.
• Keep informed on key industry and market trends to ensure a proactive buying strategy
• Monitor pricing in different market areas and recommend promotions to management based on strategic purchasing plan
• Analyse customer demand & buying patterns to ensure relevant product is stocked in correct quantity and price at the correct locations
• Work closely with Operational management to ensure timely distribution of stock
• Understand customer needs while increasing revenue, maximising profits and providing a commercially viable range of products at competitive prices
of the role.
• Review performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels
• Attend trade fairs to select and procure a new selection of products.
• Participate in promotional activities along with operations.
Business related degree or at least 5-10 years’ experience in purchasing or supply chain management
Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of organization
Knowledgeable in the DIY, building materials supply and distribution industry
Strong IT skills (MS office, Kerridge a plus)
Strong negotiation skills coupled with strong analytical skills
Demonstrates integrity and credibility
Apply on or before Monday, 07 August 2017 via email to Samantha de Villiers at [email protected]