VACANCY – POLICE CONSTABLES (35 POSTS)
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Police Constable. The positions are tenable at various Police Stations.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 8 OF 2017
SALARY SCALE: B3 (41016 – 49044) per annum (During Training)
B2 (49236 -59052) per annum (After Training)
B1 (59220 -70752) per annum (After confirmation)
LEAVE: 20 Working days per annum
i) Optional contributory Medical aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee 50%).
ii) Compulsory contributory Pension Scheme for Permanent and Pensionable Staff (Government pays 15% and employee 5%).
iii) Overtime Allowance at 20% of Basic Salary.
iv) Free housing or housing allowance at 15% of Basic Salary in lieu of housing.
v) Electricity and Water subsidy.
Interested applicants should have BGCSE or IGSCE or better and should have attained at least 42 points with grade C or better in English Language.
• Be Botswana citizens.
• Be Aged between 18-30 yrs.
• Be physically and mentally fit.
• Have no criminal record
• Be of good character
KEY RESULT AREAS
The Officer at this level is held accountable for the following Principal Outcomes:
• Reduced Crime
• Prevention of crime
• Law and order
• Public tranquility and Safety
• Customer satisfaction
• Road Safety
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide frontline policing services in an effort to maintain law and order.
Successful Candidates will be required to undergo Police Training for 12 months, and on completion carry out the functions of the Botswana Police Service as outlined in Section 6 of the Police Act Cap 21:01 of Botswana Laws:
• Protect Life and Property
• Prevent and Detect Crime
• Repress Internal Disturbances
• Maintain Security and Public tranquility
• Apprehend Offenders
• Bring offenders to justice
• Duly enforce all written laws with which the Botswana Police Service are directly charged and to generally maintain peace.
APPLICATION: Applicants should quote this advert and provide;
• Full names, address, place and date of birth
• Brief summary of career with duties (CV)
• Certified copies of Education Certificates, References and Omang.
• All serving officers should route their applications through Heads of Departments. (Applications not so routed will not be considered).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Successful candidates will be subjected to;
• A comprehensive Medical examination
• A comprehensive Physical examination
• Criminal vetting and
• Security vetting.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Director of Training
Private Bag 009
Hand delivered to
Botswana Police College
CLOSING DATE: 22nd December 2017
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
For further information please contact Ms. O. Molosiwa – 5336204 and Mr. J. Sehlupheki – 5336272