Debswana Diamond Company – Jwaneng Mine would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
PRIMARY TEACHER – SETSWANA
Ref no: JWNG000252
To contribute to the education of the whole child, attending to the intellectual, emotional, physical and social development of the child.
Key Effectiveness Areas
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters
- Prepares lesson plans to achieve the desired objectives taking cognizance of available resources
- Provides an effective and stimulating environment for education
- Prepares and coordinates cultural activities
- Researches the market to keep abreast with industry in the field of teaching
- Compiles all legal requirements pertaining to the teaching profession
- Maintain a sound relationship with parents by means of formal occasions
- Performs an array of administrative duties including keeping equipment inventory
- Implements safety, health and environment programmes in area of responsibility
- Demonstrates an ability to offer coaching in one or more co-curricular activities
- Diploma/Degree in Primary Education majoring in Setswana
- 3 years post qualification experience as a Setswana teacher with ‘Breakthrough to Setswana’ background preferred
- Communication skills
- Conceptual skills
- Time management
- Empathy (Hospitality)
Closing date and application instructions
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing a current curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates:
Email: recruitmentJWN@debswana.bw. Please indicate reference code in the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Closing date: 25 February 2017. NB: Only short listed candidates will be responded to.