PRINCIPAL ESTATES OFFICER x 1
Main Purpose of the Job
To plan, organise and control the provision of BURS’s property to ensure availability of
facilitates and optimum utilisation thereof.
This involves overseeing activities focused on the procedural applications and transfer of
properties, land acquisition, arranging for the provision of utilities like power and water, rentals
and rates, etc. aimed at securing BURS’ title, interest and authorised occupation of properties.
Key Performance Areas
1. Provision of professional advisory role on land and property acquisition matters.
2. Overseeing the availability of utilities for BURS properties.
3. Overseeing compliance with building and property standards and regulations.
4. Cost control.
5. Ensuring the optimum utilization of BURS property/facilities.
6. Effective management of service providers and SLA’s.
7. Management of contracts and lease agreements.
8. Ensuring effective utilization of allocated resources.
9. Managing reviews and caters for various customer needs.
10. Ensuring adherence to customer service standards.
Education: Recognised Degree in Estate Management or equivalent. Membership
of a relevant internationally recognised institute would be an added
Experience: At least four (4) years relevant post qualification experience in Estates Management, two (2) of which should have been at Supervisory/Senior Officer level or equivalent.
- Critical Thinking
- Client Focus
- Procedural Awareness & Understanding
- Team Leadership
- Planning & Organising
Salary: BURS 05 (P268, 284 – P357, 540 per annum)
BURS offers a competitive salary and benefits such as, Medical Aid, Contributory Pension
Fund, Group Life Assurance Cover, 24 hour Group Personal Accident cover, Housing Subsidy
and Staff Welfare Schemes (Non-Guaranteed Personal and Residential and Vehicle loans
Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned positions should apply and
attach comprehensive up to date curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, Omang and
at least two (2) work related references from current or previous employers, at least one (1)
reference should be current. Applications which do not meet the required provisions will not
All applications should be addressed to;
Director Human Resources
Botswana Unified Revenue Service Block B, 4th Floor
Private Bag 0013
Note: Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned positions should apply
and attach the necessary supporting documents. BURS will only enter into correspondence
with shortlisted candidates.
For any information regarding these positions, please contact the Human Resources office
at these telephone numbers: 3638906 (L. Tubego), 3639606 (M. Ntapu) or 3638936 (K.
Closing date: 22nd December, 2017 at 1630 hours