|Company||Debswana Diamond Company|
|Reference #||Ref: DCC 0000314|
|Salary||P 101,111.00 – 161,777.00 Monthly|
|Location||Gaborone, South East, Botswana|
Debswana Diamond Company – Technical Services would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual
This is a key technical leadership role in Mineral Resources Management and project-scale activities carried out within the Debswana Business Unit in line with the Resource Development Plan (RDP). Its core function is the design, planning and execution of work programmes to maximise the opportunity for conversion of mineral resources across the business that add sustaining value to Debswana and host communities. As with all roles, such activities are carried out with Zero Harm as a fundamental underpinning of the role.
|Job Functions||Mining,Project Management|
• Implement, endorse, and monitor SHE policies, procedures and initiatives and according to Debswana Standards, to achieve zero harm and minimal impacts to the environment.
• Creation of Guidelines, Standards and Procedures for geoscience projects and governance thereof.
• Managing Geoscientific work programmes within a Project Management environment.
• Provide expertise and guidance during the conception, planning stages of new projects.
• Promote and actively gain support for new projects.
• Provide link with external expertise necessary to the success of a project.
• Development of an integrated Resource Development Geoscience Plan for Debswana.
• Multi-variate geoscientific data analysis and interpretation.
• Degree in Geoscience related field (Geology, Geotechnical or Geohydrology).
• Post-graduate qualifications in any of the geoscience fields would be an added advantage.
• 10 years mineral resource management experience at operational, projects and/or corporate level.
• Membership of a recognised Geology/Geoscience professional body.
• Experience in community, legislative and government relations issues.
• Knowledge and experience of general management practices in an applied technical environment; e.g. finance (budget, forecasting, accounting,), SHE (systems management and application, practical procedures, leadership), governance (guidelines, standards, control and management).
• International, Cross-commodity, cross-discipline and cross-BU experience is an added advantage.
|Job Closing Date||09/11/2017|