VACANCY – PRINCIPAL PROCUREMENT OFFICER II
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Principal Procurement Officer II, in the Ministry for Presidential Affairs, Governance and Public Administration.
SALARY SCALE: D3 (P215, 868 – P238, 320) per annum
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 12 OF 2017
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
i) Optional contributory medical aid scheme with the
Botswana Public Officers’ Medical Aid Scheme
(BPOMAS), (Government pays 50% and the
ii) Contributory Pension Fund (Employee contributes 5% and Government 15%).
Degree or Higher National Diploma in Strategic Supply Chain Management or Business Administration or Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply Level 6.
At least eight (8) years relevant experience in Purchasing, Supply and Materials Management, two (2) of which should have been served as Senior Procurement Officer (D4) level in the public sector or its equivalent in the parastatal/private sector.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To coordinate procurement of supplies, services and works as well as management of disposal of assets for Office of the President in a timely and efficient manner.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Analyses procurement patterns to continuously identify and take advantage of cost saving through innovative sourcing and procurement techniques.
• Manages the inventory of the Ministry’s assets.
• Prepares and distributes tender documents and evaluation of bids.
• Authorises disposal of obsolete/unserviceable goods.
• Supervises bulk procurement of suppliers to ensure compliance with local procurement programme.
• Develops and maintains work programmes and schedules for on-going contracts and newly planned ones.
• Attends and responds to Audit/PAC queries.
• Undertakes any other related duties as may be assigned by Management.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Integrity and trust
• Planning and Execution
• Priority setting
• Customer Focus
• Conflict management
• Managing and measuring work
• Drive for results
Applicants should quote the number of this vacancy circular and provide the following details:
a) Full names, address, date and place of birth.
b) Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
c) Certified true copies of certificates and national identity card
d) Two (2) copies of recent work related references (not more than six (6) months old)
e) In case of serving public officers;
• Date of first appointment
• Present post, scale and date of appointment thereto.
f) In case of candidates from parastatals and private sector organisations, please provide statement of salary or pay slip.
All applications from serving public officers must be routed through their respective Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered. Applicants are also required to submit an electronic summary of their CVs to: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to;
Ministry for Presidential Affairs, Governance and Public Administration
Private Bag 001
Hand deliver at Office of the President, Records Management Unit Office No. 005.
Closing Date: 22nd September 2017
For any enquiries please contact 3950929/3950963/3950891