BOTSWANA NATIONAL ARCHIVES & RECORDS SERVICES
EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT VACANCY CIRCULAR NO.1 OF 2017
REF: BNARS 4/3/3 IV (28) DATE: 7TH MARCH 2017
VACANCY: PRINCIPAL RECORDS MANAGER I – D2 POST
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified Batswana Individuals for the above mentioned position in the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development, tenable at Botswana National Archives and Records Services Headquarters.
Salary Scale: D2 (P238 668 – P263 508) per annum
Leave: 30 working days per annum.
Benefits: i) Contributory Pension Fund (Employee pays 5% and Government pays 15 %)
ii) Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Employee pays 50% and Government pays 50%)
Qualifications: Degree in Archives and Records Management, Degree in Library and Information Studies, Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities (Post graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in Disciplines mentioned above will be an added advantage).
Experience: At least ten (10) years relevant post qualification experience two (2) of which should have been served at the level of D3 in the Public Service or equivalent level in a Parastatal, or Private Sector Organisation.
Main purpose of the Job
To coordinate all professional activities and ensure that Senior Management is kept up to date on all activities pertaining to Records Management.
Key Performance Areas
• Facilitate the formulation, implementation and review of Records Management Policies, Standards and Procedures for proper Records Management.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of approved plans on the Records Management Services.
• Coordinate the implementation of Records Management programmes in line with Records principles, standards and procedures.
• Facilitate the processing of and development of finding aids to enable access to Records.
• Facilitate the use of Records Management by developing and implementing a programme to market Records Management Services.
• Monitor and review the work performance of Staff under the Records Management Division and submit their progress reports on a quarterly basis.
• Prepare and submit the budget requirements including the manpower plan for the Records Management Division.
• Coordinate all professional activities and ensures that Senior Management is kept up to date on all activities pertaining to the Records Management.
Required Competencies and Skills
• Analytical and Strategic Thinking
• Planning and Execution
• Creativity and Innovation
• Drive for Results
• Managing and Measuring work
• Timely Decision Making
• Priority Setting
• Problem Solving
• Conflict Management
• Presentation Skills
Applicants should quote the Vacancy Circular, and give the following details:
• Full Names, Address, Telephone Date and Place of Birth
• Brief summary of duties (Curriculum Vitae)
• Certified Copies of Certificates and National Identity card
• Date of first appointment
• At least two (2) recent work related references (less than 2 years)
In case of serving officers, the following should be provided:
i. Date of first appointment
ii. Present post, salary scale and date of appointment thereto
All applications from serving Public Officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries.
Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed and mailed to:
Botswana National Archives and Records Services
P O Box 239
OR Hand Deliver at Botswana National Archives and Records Services, Government Enclave, next to Parliament.
In addition, applicants are required to submit an electronic summary of their CV.
Please e-mail email@example.com to request for the required CV format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
CLOSING DATE: 27th March 2017.
For further information required please contact the Human Resources Department on 3911820.